The Student Room Group

Unable to contact Uni RE. clearing

Hi guys, I have a conditional offer to study law at the UoM. However, after looking through their clearing pages, I have decided I want to switch courses - stay at the same uni, but simply swap courses. I have emailed the necessary department to see if they would accept me twice over the last two days, but they have not responded. Is there any way of getting though to them? Should I ring the Uni up?

Also, a side note, is there a deadline I need to sort this by because I think I read something that said a week before results day, UCAS Track is frozen so you cannot do anything. Is this true?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@PQ
Original post by Strive4Gr8ness23
Hi guys, I have a conditional offer to study law at the UoM. However, after looking through their clearing pages, I have decided I want to switch courses - stay at the same uni, but simply swap courses. I have emailed the necessary department to see if they would accept me twice over the last two days, but they have not responded. Is there any way of getting though to them? Should I ring the Uni up?

Also, a side note, is there a deadline I need to sort this by because I think I read something that said a week before results day, UCAS Track is frozen so you cannot do anything. Is this true?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@PQ

What do you mean by the necessary department? The necessary department for changing your course is admissions not the academic department.
Original post by PQ
What do you mean by the necessary department? The necessary department for changing your course is admissions not the academic department.

On the UoM page, if you visit the Modern History and Economics course and try to contact them, it will simply give you the department's/relevant academic school's email. e.g [email protected] @PQ @harrysbar
(edited 2 years ago)
On the UoM page, if you visit the Modern History and Economics course and try to contact them, it will simply give you the department's/relevant academic school's email. e.g [email protected] @PQ @harrysbar

If you are not getting a response from the academic department, I would just call this number and ask for the central admissions team:
+44 (0) 161 306 6000

Most uni's have a central team to deal with swap requests. UoM's contact page implies that they have admissions staff within each academic department. but that's of no use if you are not getting a response.

try ringing the main phoneline and asking to be transferred
Original post by PQ
try ringing the main phoneline and asking to be transferred

transferred to the admissions department?
transferred to the admissions department?

yes. Explain that you've emailed and not had a reply and would like to speak to someone in person about a change to your application.
Original post by PQ
yes. Explain that you've emailed and not had a reply and would like to speak to someone in person about a change to your application.

Hi, I've called them up and they are willing to accept me. However, I need to decline my offer on track - how do I go about doing this? I cannot see the option anywhere. @PQ Much appreciated. You're a lifesaver
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, I've called them up and they are willing to accept me. However, I need to decline my offer on track - how do I go about doing this? I cannot see the option anywhere. @PQ Much appreciated. You're a lifesaver

If it's the same university but a different course, you shouldn't have to decline your offer on track (which isn't even an option on UCAS). The university simply needs to send the new course details to UCAS and they can update their records and your track.

The option to decline your offer only appears after you get your results and your offer turns unconditional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending