The Student Room Group

shall i ?

i liked this girl but she talked to another guy way more but only in lessons i didnt talk to her much but she knows me (my name and **** like that lol) .
I didnt talk to her that much as she doesnt speak to boys but had to with this guy as he sat next to her . i thought they were gf and bf but he likes her and after a while i saw the guy with another girl after school and before schools a couple of times Schools over now but she is going to same college as me so shall i go for it ?

Scroll to see replies

Sure, why not? Keep it casual, spend time with her, get to know her better. It doesn't sound like you've really interacted much - figure out if you really like her. And if so maybe flirt with her a little. Have fun :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Sure, why not? Keep it casual, spend time with her, get to know her better. It doesn't sound like you've really interacted much - figure out if you really like her. And if so maybe flirt with her a little. Have fun :smile:

k lol , but idk what she likes and what to talk about with her , I mean I do and watch loads of things like im binging the office us rn, (and I do like her physically at least :colondollar:) if that's a normal thing to say
Original post by Anonymous
k lol , but idk what she likes and what to talk about with her , I mean I do and watch loads of things like im binging the office us rn, (and I do like her physically at least :colondollar:) if that's a normal thing to say

Ask her questions about herself and show that you're interested in her. What does she want to do in her life and what is she passionate about? Liking a person physically is very normal but it's also important to connect with a person in more meaningful ways.
Reply 4
Ask her questions about herself and show that you're interested in her. What does she want to do in her life and what is she passionate about? Liking a person physically is very normal but it's also important to connect with a person in more meaningful ways.

alright got it , do you think it would be harder to maintain connection if were doing totally different subjects and do you think shell question why im talking to her now when i was sitting infront of her during the whole school yr and didnt even talk to her :colonhash:
alright got it , do you think it would be harder to maintain connection if were doing totally different subjects and do you think shell question why im talking to her now when i was sitting infront of her during the whole school yr and didnt even talk to her :colonhash:

"No, not necessarily" to both. There are things you can bond and connect over, such as shared values and goals, that aren't necessarily related to what each of you are good at or interested in academically. Being close to someone who's pursuing very different things from you can bring pleasant variety to your life. And it'll be fine as long as you're not too eager or weird about it. It sort of makes sense if she seemed very close to this other guy, that you kept your distance. And you can just say that you felt kinda shy.
Reply 6
"No, not necessarily" to both. There are things you can bond and connect over, such as shared values and goals, that aren't necessarily related to what each of you are good at or interested in academically. Being close to someone who's pursuing very different things from you can bring pleasant variety to your life. And it'll be fine as long as you're not too eager or weird about it. It sort of makes sense if she seemed very close to this other guy, that you kept your distance. And you can just say that you felt kinda shy.

Ok thanks , i didnt really have the need to talk to girls in yr 7-yr9 so me talking to them was just very fluid lol , then the hormones struck in yr 10 . btw do you think your body matters in attracting women or not that much as personality ?
Ok thanks , i didnt really have the need to talk to girls in yr 7-yr9 so me talking to them was just very fluid lol , then the hormones struck in yr 10 . btw do you think your body matters in attracting women or not that much as personality ?

It varies from person to person. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Reply 8
It varies from person to person. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

alright , i work out any ways lol, but im too worried that if i show it off ill come off as an *******
alright , i work out any ways lol, but im too worried that if i show it off ill come off as an *******

Well, that sounds like the best setup to be in - having a nice body, but being fairly humble about it and not expecting it to be the be all and end all for attracting women.
Well, that sounds like the best setup to be in - having a nice body, but being fairly humble about it and not expecting it to be the be all and end all for attracting women.

Thanks , imma try and talk a bit to her on results day and hopefully we are in the same group in open day for the college so I can make acquaintances with her that should be a good start
she seems introverted. Definitely try messaging her online first before in person

If that’s not an option, try getting her social media (Snapchat or Instagram preferably) when you meet her on results day, that’s after you small talk her.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
she seems introverted. Definitely try messaging her online first before in person

If that’s not an option, try getting her social media (Snapchat or Instagram preferably) when you meet her on results day, that’s after you small talk her.

i dont think shes introverted , she can speak when asked a question in class in front of everyone , its just that she might be worried of what her friends say/think as she is a girl talking to a boy
i dont think shes introverted , she can speak when asked a question in class in front of everyone , its just that she might be worried of what her friends say/think as she is a girl talking to a boy

Tbh anyone can speak when asked a question in class.. it’s more of whether or not she engages in other people’s conversations and not just the boy who sits next to her

definitely try getting a way of contacting her.
Tbh anyone can speak when asked a question in class.. it’s more of whether or not she engages in other people’s conversations and not just the boy who sits next to her

definitely try getting a way of contacting her.

Oh and I forgot she also talks to this other boy at the back , just casually , nothing anything romantic .I haven’t got any social media lol anyways me asking her , her social media when I’ve only talked to her for a bit( couple of minutes) may seem desperate or weird ngl
Oh and I forgot she also talks to this other boy at the back , just casually , nothing anything romantic .I haven’t got any social media lol anyways me asking her , her social media when I’ve only talked to her for a bit( couple of minutes) may seem desperate or weird ngl

so you would prefer you get to know her in person instead?

alright, no problem. You do seem quite young so just go with that.
so you would prefer you get to know her in person instead?

alright, no problem. You do seem quite young so just go with that.

im 16 , so ye , but only problem is i think it would be difficult to maintain a relationship when we have different classes @anosmianAcrimony disagrees but what do you think ?
im 16 , so ye , but only problem is i think it would be difficult to maintain a relationship when we have different classes @anosmianAcrimony disagrees but what do you think ?

this is why you really should just get Snapchat. Or her number so you can talk more.

It’s not weird, it only is if you make it weird.
(edited 2 years ago)
this is why you really should just get Snapchat. Or her number so you can talk more.

It’s not weird, it only is if you make it weird.

What do you mean making it weird :confused:
What do you mean making it weird :confused:

You said that it might be weird if you asked her for her Snapchat.

I said that it would only be weird if you make it weird.

Hope this cleared things up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending