The Student Room Group

How do I stop missing my primary school?

It has been 2 years since I've started secondary school, yet I still can't get over my primary school. There is just so much memory during the 6 years of me studying, especially during my last year studying in that school. Now everything is new and I also changed secondary school this year, which is far away from my hometown where I grew fond of. I do miss my first year in my old secondary school but not as much as my primary school, how do I move on from kept crying over my primary school's memory? :frown: It hurts so much even by looking at the old pictures we took.
Reply 1
Original post by YunisuBeauchamp
It has been 2 years since I've started secondary school, yet I still can't get over my primary school. There is just so much memory during the 6 years of me studying, especially during my last year studying in that school. Now everything is new and I also changed secondary school this year, which is far away from my hometown where I grew fond of. I do miss my first year in my old secondary school but not as much as my primary school, how do I move on from kept crying over my primary school's memory? :frown: It hurts so much even by looking at the old pictures we took.

The easiest way to do that is to move in and make new memories. Soon enough, you’ll forget about your primary school because you’ll be engrossed in your secondary school.

Soon enough, it will dawn on you that life moves on whether or not you move with it. If you don’t move on, you’ll simply get caught up behind.

You need to buckle up and grow up to face the challenges ahead, GCSE aren’t a joke and don’t make the mistake of thinking you can wait until year 11 to get serious for them.

Good luck
Time helps.
Nostalgia is horrible for some of us. Don't let it become your lifestyle, embrace and look forward to the future.
Original post by KaneG
The easiest way to do that is to move in and make new memories. Soon enough, you’ll forget about your primary school because you’ll be engrossed in your secondary school.

Soon enough, it will dawn on you that life moves on whether or not you move with it. If you don’t move on, you’ll simply get caught up behind.

You need to buckle up and grow up to face the challenges ahead, GCSE aren’t a joke and don’t make the mistake of thinking you can wait until year 11 to get serious for them.

Good luck

thank you so much, i'll try my best!
Reply 5
thank you so much, i'll try my best!

No problem! Good luck

Hey, I can completely relate to this. My nostalgia was so bad to the point of me dreaming about my primary school lol(so dramatic). What I can tell you though is with time it gets better. Don't try to suppress the memories, embrace them and be grateful you had awesome experiences and be prepared for many more new ones.

What helped me was staying open to let in new people and new experiences. Now I'm in Uni collecting memories like infinity stones 😂

Hope this helps and I wish you all the best!

Lee- UoP Rep
Original post by KaneG

Good luck

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending