The Student Room Group

Friends

How many real friends do you have?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
0, I've never really be able to build meaningful relationships, although I'm freindly with everyone and they all like me, it's all very superficial
0. Quite like being alone, to be honest.
Original post by Glemon
How many real friends do you have?

NONE %
Original post by 5hyl33n

Have u made some here ?
Original post by Max1989
0, I've never really be able to build meaningful relationships, although I'm freindly with everyone and they all like me, it's all very superficial

How many fake friends do u have ?
Reply 7
Original post by Alexis55
How many fake friends do u have ?

I wouldn't call them fake, just not deep, and essentially everyone I know which is in the hundreds if not thousands. Only a handful of people I have met I don't get along with at all.

Although I don't talk to them I'd say I have about 5 people that I could depend on if I really needed them for something....but being so alone you develop complete independence

My main talent is being likable, I'm popular in the genuine sense, which is ironic as I don't talk to anyone.
Original post by Max1989
I wouldn't call them fake, just not deep, and essentially everyone I know which is in the hundreds if not thousands. Only a handful of people I have met I don't get along with at all.

Although I don't talk to them I'd say I have about 5 people that I could depend on if I really needed them for something....but being so alone you develop complete independence

My main talent is being likable, I'm popular in the genuine sense, which is ironic as I don't talk to anyone.

If u find ppl that u can depend on in ur needy times ,dont u consider them as friends?

ALso if u re so lovable ,why you have no real friends ,whats the reason behind it?
Original post by 5hyl33n

Somebody got a promotion
Original post by tej3141
Somebody got a promotion

I think that's what happens when you spend too much time on TSR. :rofl3:

I've seen you around TSR a bit, but I don't think we have ever had a proper conversation. How are you doing? :smile:
My guy friend is the only real one, well he’s a “friend” we kiss and hug and meet secretly but we’re not ready for a real relationship ( with labels) so we call ourselves friends 😂😂 but yh he’s my whole world and my heart is all his
Original post by 5hyl33n
I think that's what happens when you spend too much time on TSR. :rofl3:

I've seen you around TSR a bit, but I don't think we have ever had a proper conversation. How are you doing? :smile:

Just came here to let everyone know how many friends I have but someone beat me to it lol

Yh I'm good thanks, how are you?
I think the answer depends on what you count as a friend.

My friend group has 5 people, but I have friends outside my friend group.
So to answer your question, I don't know.
(edited 2 years ago)
0 🤠
Original post by tej3141
Just came here to let everyone know how many friends I have but someone beat me to it lol

Yh I'm good thanks, how are you?

Sorry, haha.

I'm well, thanks for asking. :smile:
Original post by Alexis55
If u find ppl that u can depend on in ur needy times ,dont u consider them as friends?

ALso if u re so lovable ,why you have no real friends ,whats the reason behind it?

Yes an no, I see friendship as an emotional bond, these emotions aren't present, I guess it is a loose form of friendship but more like having a good neighbor, if you needed them to look after your dog whist on holiday they would but it's not like you feel connected to them.

I wouldn't say I was 'lovable' actually been called unlovable, more just very likable and friendly but I wish i knew, I really do, I have my theories but breaking them down doesn't really explain it: Main few reasons of the top of my head:

1) Lack of development of relationships while I was a child due to not really seeing my parents much due to work
2) Lack of development of communication skills as my brothers basically did all my talking while I was younger, although I am actually an extremely good speaker now
3) Struggle a lot in communication online
4) Don't feel anyone wants me in their life, If they wanted me they'd make themselves noticed
5) I'm relatively eccentric, not in a bad way, if anything it's a good thing makes me interesting and puts a smile on people's faces but I can see how sometimes I can be a bit overwhelming
6) I don't feel the need to shared anything about my life as I don't like talking about myself really, or at least drawing attention to myself, so not active on social media really at all
7) Serve social anxiety and stress, but I don't know why tis not because of what others think, it's something deeper that I don't understand
8) Just generally hate myself, my self esteem is absolutely non-existent, again not because of what others think it's gone past that point and don't care anymore
9) Lack of effort on my part I certainly admit I don't reach out to people much, used to but those friends were bad but from my bad experiences I'm a bit hesitant to do it as often as I probably should
There's probably a few more things but that's the brief list

TLDR: In other words I'm very much a social outlier, an extroverted social outlier if that was possible, an extrovert that has just come to terms with no one wants me, but I am pleasant to be around, there isn't a reason for people not to like me but there isn't really a reason to love me

Feel like I'm derailing this thread now :h: but you asked

I do however feel their is a creeping epidemic of people unable to create friends, I can't quite put my hand on what the culprit is but we are growing up with less and less friends, people's ability's to communicate is getting worse and worse, loneliness is real, it is really harmful but the only solution is to well...make more friends...but the problem is deeper than that it's the actual ability's to maintain these friendships, communicate be a reason for people to stick around, life just goes too fast, focused on ourselves, too easy to move away friends are too often expendable, distant memories. Friendships are very superficial as it's one thing to be friendly and nice to someone but another to feel connected
1, myself
Original post by Max1989
Yes an no, I see friendship as an emotional bond, these emotions aren't present, I guess it is a loose form of friendship but more like having a good neighbor, if you needed them to look after your dog whist on holiday they would but it's not like you feel connected to them.

I wouldn't say I was 'lovable' actually been called unlovable, more just very likable and friendly but I wish i knew, I really do, I have my theories but breaking them down doesn't really explain it: Main few reasons of the top of my head:

1) Lack of development of relationships while I was a child due to not really seeing my parents much due to work
2) Lack of development of communication skills as my brothers basically did all my talking while I was younger, although I am actually an extremely good speaker now
3) Struggle a lot in communication online
4) Don't feel anyone wants me in their life, If they wanted me they'd make themselves noticed
5) I'm relatively eccentric, not in a bad way, if anything it's a good thing makes me interesting and puts a smile on people's faces but I can see how sometimes I can be a bit overwhelming
6) I don't feel the need to shared anything about my life as I don't like talking about myself really, or at least drawing attention to myself, so not active on social media really at all
7) Serve social anxiety and stress, but I don't know why tis not because of what others think, it's something deeper that I don't understand
8) Just generally hate myself, my self esteem is absolutely non-existent, again not because of what others think it's gone past that point and don't care anymore
9) Lack of effort on my part I certainly admit I don't reach out to people much, used to but those friends were bad but from my bad experiences I'm a bit hesitant to do it as often as I probably should
There's probably a few more things but that's the brief list

TLDR: In other words I'm very much a social outlier, an extroverted social outlier if that was possible, an extrovert that has just come to terms with no one wants me, but I am pleasant to be around, there isn't a reason for people not to like me but there isn't really a reason to love me

Feel like I'm derailing this thread now :h: but you asked

I do however feel their is a creeping epidemic of people unable to create friends, I can't quite put my hand on what the culprit is but we are growing up with less and less friends, people's ability's to communicate is getting worse and worse, loneliness is real, it is really harmful but the only solution is to well...make more friends...but the problem is deeper than that it's the actual ability's to maintain these friendships, communicate be a reason for people to stick around, life just goes too fast, focused on ourselves, too easy to move away friends are too often expendable, distant memories. Friendships are very superficial as it's one thing to be friendly and nice to someone but another to feel connected

I have read your whole thread ,so its not a prob ,don't worry

Well i always thought i am the only one who suffers to find real friends ,,i have tried online sites to gain some but ended that I was the only person who make efforts .

Its really hard to make ppl talk to u esp if u re totally different such as different mentality or interests but still i can find ppl who wouldnt mind to talk but always miss the fun and excitement of exchanging same interests ,,,,,,,,,,,

Well as u described u have bad life moments ,but you have no right to hate urself ,ppl wont love u ,so at least mercy ur soul and be proud of urself ,also if u had many tough experiences u ll gain confident ...... so why not trying to change ur thoughts and create new plan ,,,,kinda u ll feel lazy but better than hating urself day by day
Original post by ashtolga23
0 🤠

Same 😃🤩 it’s amazing to be lonely 😂😂👌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending