The Student Room Group

Advice about a friendship

Hi! Basically, 10 years ago I left my primary school and obviously moved to a new one. By pure luck I was able to get back into contact with them. With this one friend I caught up really well and for about a month or so we would talk every day and it was great. Then till I noticed they started replying slower and slower , the vibe of the conversation wasn't the same until one day they just stop. I called them out on this asking what happened and it turned in into a nasty argument which we resolved and carried on a friendship. Later they revealed that they had gotten into a relationship and thats the reason they had stopped talking and started to reply slower to me- not just as in hours but like a day or so. Its been a few months and we haven't spoken. I do miss out friendship but feel quite apprehensive to reach back out again. I don't really know why, tbh I don't know what I would say ?? Is it worth to pop back up? I might be really blowing this over proportion but anyone help work this through?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Basically, 10 years ago I left my primary school and obviously moved to a new one. By pure luck I was able to get back into contact with them. With this one friend I caught up really well and for about a month or so we would talk every day and it was great. Then till I noticed they started replying slower and slower , the vibe of the conversation wasn't the same until one day they just stop. I called them out on this asking what happened and it turned in into a nasty argument which we resolved and carried on a friendship. Later they revealed that they had gotten into a relationship and thats the reason they had stopped talking and started to reply slower to me- not just as in hours but like a day or so. Its been a few months and we haven't spoken. I do miss out friendship but feel quite apprehensive to reach back out again. I don't really know why, tbh I don't know what I would say ?? Is it worth to pop back up? I might be really blowing this over proportion but anyone help work this through?

You liked her
Reply 2
You liked her

Him* But as much as I hate to admit I think you might be right. Should I just leave it then ?
are you a gal and this is a guy?
Reply 4
Original post by xxx0xxxo
are you a gal and this is a guy?

Yeh
Reply 5
Him* But as much as I hate to admit I think you might be right. Should I just leave it then ?

But he also is rlly not my type physically, I think I just like the conversation u know.
Yeh

If you think you had feelings for him i wouldn't get back in touch as it will confuse you and isn't the right motive if he's in a relationship
It's normal to feel nostalgic if you had good times with a person. Maybe you can learn from ur old friendship with him what kind of friendship/partner you want now or in future. Maybe you are ready for these things now with another person
Reply 7
Original post by xxx0xxxo
If you think you had feelings for him i wouldn't get back in touch as it will confuse you and isn't the right motive if he's in a relationship
It's normal to feel nostalgic if you had good times with a person. Maybe you can learn from ur old friendship with him what kind of friendship/partner you want now or in future. Maybe you are ready for these things now with another person

I never had any intention of getting in between the relationship btw, I am not that kinda of person. But I think you are right, I think I just feel sad because I miss the conversation sometimes and that because it had been so long and i don't want to loose the friendship again. Is it okay if I ask you for some more advice or just rant to you in general a bit??
I never had any intention of getting in between the relationship btw, I am not that kinda of person. But I think you are right, I think I just feel sad because I miss the conversation sometimes and that because it had been so long and i don't want to loose the friendship again. Is it okay if I ask you for some more advice or just rant to you in general a bit??

I didn't mean you would get in between but without realising your feelings might have some influence or cause complications
Sure, you can dm or post here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending