The Student Room Group

If you fail year 12 do you resit it it? (In a sixth form)

Just that rlly
no one my sixth form who failed resat, they just had bad predicted grades for year 13
Original post by Ghostface6001
Just that rlly

Some schools make students re-sit the year, others do not. It depends on your school. :smile:

As stated above, it might affect your predicted grades.
Just that rlly

Schools only get two years of funding so you just go forward with weak grades.
Just that rlly

Depends on your school. My friend went to a grammar school, failed year 12 got kicked out and retook the whole year at my school. But a boy in my school failed and nothing happened
Reply 5
You can if you want or you can move into year 13 or you can maybe leave school then look at a job or apprenticeship instead
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by flamingolover
Depends on your school. My friend went to a grammar school, failed year 12 got kicked out and retook the whole year at my school. But a boy in my school failed and nothing happened

@Muttley79 seems like a common thing that kids in sixth form are kicked for failing
@Muttley79 seems like a common thing that kids in sixth form are kicked for failing

Technicslly you can't be ecluded for acdemic reasons - only behaviour - some schools 'bend' thhe rules.
Reply 8
My child is being told not to go back in September and to go elsewhere by the head and DH of 6th form no matter how many emails/phone calls I have made to say she is intending to continue to have a better year. Some children have really struggled with this last year and schools should take this into account when they got poorer than expected grades in the Year 12 assessments! It’s shocking the way some schools are behaving and the Department of Education should be clamping down on it as these are the children who’s futures are at risk when asked to leave half way through Sixth Form.
Original post by gill0303
My child is being told not to go back in September and to go elsewhere by the head and DH of 6th form no matter how many emails/phone calls I have made to say she is intending to continue to have a better year. Some children have really struggled with this last year and schools should take this into account when they got poorer than expected grades in the Year 12 assessments! It’s shocking the way some schools are behaving and the Department of Education should be clamping down on it as these are the children who’s futures are at risk when asked to leave half way through Sixth Form.

So sorry to hear that, hope things get better for him/her.
Original post by Muttley79
Schools only get two years of funding so you just go forward with weak grades.

Are you sure? Is this recent?

I did Year 13 twice (first time with A2 French, A2 Spanish, and AS Classical Civilisation; second time with A2 Classical Civilisation, GCSE Italian, and resitting A2 French because I'd gotten a C first time and I needed at least a B.

Mind you I was in sixth form in 2000-2003, but still, I was there for three years. I didn't have to pay privately for my third year there or anything.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

I did Year 13 twice (first time with A2 French, A2 Spanish, and AS Classical Civilisation; second time with A2 Classical Civilisation, GCSE Italian, and resitting A2 French because I'd gotten a C first time and I needed at least a B.

Mind you I was in sixth form in 2000-2003, but still, I was there for three years. I didn't have to pay privately for my third year there or anything.

Yes - it's new since you were in school.
Original post by Muttley79
Yes - it's new since you were in school.

:yy:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

Thats cap, because in my sixth form that I went to (2018) you could repeat year 13 if you wanted to (eg if you didn’t get the grades you wanted, and you could repeat only one subject if you wanted to - so I’m guessing it depends on the school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending