The Student Room Group

How good was/is your school's food?

My school's food mostly sucked ass. The best thing I remember on the menu were chicken tenders with onion rings, and those Smucker's PB&J.

However, only the PB&Js stayed consistent with quality. Half of the time, the chicken tenders are cold and pink on the inside. I tried to have lunch with their so-called "Mexican burrito", but it gave me sulfur burps...which was followed by vomiting before school even ended.

The pizzas were always watery underneath the hard cheese surface, and on the back crust. They also always put ranch on the pizza, which didn't do it any justice. Any pasta the cafeteria served was with the coldest tomato sauce they could find, which the room-temperature macaroni.

So how about you guys. Do YOUR lunch ladies care?
i think most schools have horrible lunch but thankfully mine sell sandwiches (cuz im too lazy to make them at home lol) so i never eat the other food they sell
Original post by School'sPunchBag
My school's food mostly sucked ass. The best thing I remember on the menu were chicken tenders with onion rings, and those Smucker's PB&J.

However, only the PB&Js stayed consistent with quality. Half of the time, the chicken tenders are cold and pink on the inside. I tried to have lunch with their so-called "Mexican burrito", but it gave me sulfur burps...which was followed by vomiting before school even ended.

The pizzas were always watery underneath the hard cheese surface, and on the back crust. They also always put ranch on the pizza, which didn't do it any justice. Any pasta the cafeteria served was with the coldest tomato sauce they could find, which the room-temperature macaroni.

So how about you guys. Do YOUR lunch ladies care?

I am a little older but we used to have something called Pasta King. It did not look as good as this though!1
primary school was good. and diverse
secondary school was allright but questionable. usually consisted of some meat meal and a potato side (chips, roast potato, etc). sometimes there were veggie meals, sometimes there wasn't which was annoying for me.
Junior School was good. So was High School, until Year 10, the pizzas were a rip-off.
Primary school was good and secondary school for the first 3 years i ate the school lunch and it was alright but year 10 and 11 we were allowed of go out to eat which was obv better. The only thing that was good about the school tbh
Up until year 11 I had packed lunch so not sure. When I stayed on in the 6th form o had the schools dinners and they were fine.
Reply 7
My schools food was quite nice tasting however it wasn't very nutritional their was stuff such as breakfast wraps which had a full English on a tortilla wrap more or less also breakfast burgers a bit like a McMuffin. The lunch menu was a bit more bland however similar stuff as breakfast some additional things like chicken nuggets and baked beans
Original post by Pink Unicorn
I am a little older but we used to have something called Pasta King. It did not look as good as this though!1

Oh god I remember when I was in secondary I bought a pasta king once - took one mouthful and was almost sick :rofl:
(edited 2 years ago)
Chicken tenders, pizza, P&BJ, burritos? We never got any of those things.

For the first two years there was actually nice stuff occasionally, like sausages or chicken nuggets. The rest of the time and thereafter it was broth soup, lentil soup, quiche, quiche quiche. Followed by watery anonymous pudding.

It was disgusting. For several years all I ate was one mashed potato per day. That and warm water. I'm surprised they didn't give us victory gin.

Quick Reply