The Student Room Group

My friend came out as genderfluid

So we were chatting together and suddenly she said she was genderfluid. I was in shocked. I secretly didnt like it but as a friend i want to advice her. What shall I do as a friend that didnt support her choice as genderfluid?
what the **** is genderfluid
Reply 2
Original post by shooonthebeat

Try to search it
I'm good still
Original post by shooonthebeat

I think it's where your gender identity is very fluid and can change at any time, so one minute you could feel more like a guy and then a hour later feel very female.
(edited 2 years ago)
It might be confusing or nonsensical to you, but this is evidently quite important to your friend so you have to get used to it. A great start would be to ask what pronouns they now want to use :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Vapordave
It might be confusing or nonsensical to you, but this is evidently quite important to your friend so you have to get used to it. A great start would be to ask what pronouns they now want to use :smile:

But in our religion it was wrong and im scared if i advice her it will break our friendship.
Original post by Anonymous
But in our religion it was wrong and im scared if i advice her it will break our friendship.

she can make her own choices lol
Friend help each other and bring others to the right path. Being a genderfluid is wrong

there's no right or wrong, just differences in views lol

If she asks, then you can advise her. If she doesn't, it will likely not be welcome.
Friend help each other and bring others to the right path. Being a genderfluid is wrong

Why is it wrong?
Original post by DiddyDec
Why is it wrong?

It is more like you didnt accept what gods create you. Kif ur a girl that ur a girl. Why must change genders or what
It is more like you didnt accept what gods create you. Kif ur a girl that ur a girl. Why must change genders or what

It that what your religious text actually says?

Maybe they are embracing what your Gods created them as, maybe it is in fact you who is wrong.

Well **** then, go tell her that
Reply 14

If she's told you then she probably wanted support not religion shoved down her throat.
Original post by Bio 7
If she's told you then she probably wanted support not religion shoved down her throat.

Nah don't shove **** down anyone throat, just do you and if they don't agree then leave 🤷🏽*♂️
Listening is good. Listen to them. Reassurance is good to. Reassurance that you're still their friend. And maybe learn something about gender fluidity. Learning about stuff, even if it's unfamiliar can be really good to develop a wider world view. Many cultures throughout world history have embraced wider definitions of gender and gender expression.
It's not going to affect you in anyway whether you agree or disagree. It could even be something she's been struggling to deal with don't make life anymore difficult for her.
It's not going to affect you in anyway whether you agree or disagree. It could even be something she's been struggling to deal with don't make life anymore difficult for her.

fair enough. you might be making things more difficult but that's a fault on both sides.
Listening is good. Listen to them. Reassurance is good to. Reassurance that you're still their friend. And maybe learn something about gender fluidity. Learning about stuff, even if it's unfamiliar can be really good to develop a wider world view. Many cultures throughout world history have embraced wider definitions of gender and gender expression.

Im gonna do that. Maybe learning something might be important . Btw the way you talk is was so nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending