Books-agatha christie biography

Watch this thread
cupcake12345689
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
My friend loves Agatha Christie and I want to buy a book of hers, but she already has many. I was thinking of buying her autobiography or biography, but I do not know which one is the best. If anyone knows anything or even has any other suggestions please let me know
michaelhw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by cupcake12345689)
My friend loves Agatha Christie and I want to buy a book of hers, but she already has many. I was thinking of buying her autobiography or biography, but I do not know which one is the best. If anyone knows anything or even has any other suggestions please let me know
I tried interviewing an agatha christie expert some years ago. I wanted them to focus on the way agatha christie was a part of a contemporary culture. In my opinion, she did not invent either miss marple or poirot. There were other writers without her talent who wrote about extremely similar characters before she published her stories. But all the biographers I contacted seemed hell bent on portraying her as some kind of solitary genius. They said I couldn't prove a direct link, that is a sentence in which she admitted this. This is very odd because Anna Katharine Green or even mason or lownes, for instance, were very famous. Agatha Christie was a genius, but like shakespeare, she took stuff that was available in her own time, and moulded it into something that has lasted. Anyway, this is my view.

I have heard that John Curran is very respected. But I havent read what he has written.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (106)
68.83%
No (31)
20.13%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
11.04%

Watched Threads