The Student Room Group

relationship helpppp...boyfriends mum wont accept our relationship!!!

So basically me and my boyfriend have been together for 1 year and 4 months. My boyfriend is bengali and im pakistan. We both are muslim. So what happened is that his mum found out about us and she didn't accept the relationship because I'm pakistani. This hurt my boyfriend alot obviously and during the time he was going through alot of stuff that affected him mentally, which made him decide to break up with me. So i told his close friend about it and honestly what she told him is that he needs time and space which he is doing now. So during this period ive been trying to find ways to convince his parents...any help guysss???
Boy's parents' consent isn't a condition for marriage. :smile:
But anyway, try get an imam to convince them or something?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonbro1
Boy's parents' consent isn't a condition for marriage. :smile:
But anyway, try get an imam to convince them or something?

oh wow is it...never knew that
yhh thats a good idea thanks
Original post by Anonymous
oh wow is it...never knew that
yhh thats a good idea thanks

This article might be helpful: https://seekersguidance.org/answers/general-counsel/what-to-do-when-my-parents-reject-my-choice-of-spouse-because-of-cultural-reasons/
isn't she just being racist then!

that's not a legit reason for you guys to be forced apart, but give it time maybe, once you are both older and more independent it will work out easier so fam can't meddle
Reply 6
Original post by Justaboutalive
isn't she just being racist then!

that's not a legit reason for you guys to be forced apart, but give it time maybe, once you are both older and more independent it will work out easier so fam can't meddle

idk man..he was like his mum and grandma just have something against pakistanis..but what i dont get is..that pakistan and bangladesh are both the same in a way
idk man..he was like his mum and grandma just have something against pakistanis..but what i dont get is..that pakistan and bangladesh are both the same in a way

Is it something related to 1971? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonbro1
Is it something related to 1971? :smile:

loolll idky but it might be...but what happened then

As a bengali i know that's cos of them having some bitterness due to the history of pakistan and bangladesh but that's just old and a ridiculous reason.
And honestly if there's no other reason then seems like a null excuse.
I think like anonbro said, maybe get an imam or smth involved once if you wanna take the rs further
loolll idky but it might be...but what happened then

Bangladeshi war of Independence from Pakistan, google it or something
As a bengali i know that's cos of them having some bitterness due to the history of pakistan and bangladesh but that's just old and a ridiculous reason.
And honestly if there's no other reason then seems like a null excuse.
I think like anonbro said, maybe get an imam or smth involved once if you wanna take the rs further

yhhh i had a feeling its cus of that
yhhh i will look for a imam or something...ofc i wanna take it further. we was planning on getting our nikkah done during uni time which isnt that long..but ofc we want our family to be happy with us being together..so i need ways to convince them. so getting them to talk to an imam is a very good idea. thank you so much guys:smile:
Bangladeshi war of Independence from Pakistan, google it or something

ohhh ok..never knew it was then..damn that makes sence
yhhh i had a feeling its cus of that
yhhh i will look for a imam or something...ofc i wanna take it further. we was planning on getting our nikkah done during uni time which isnt that long..but ofc we want our family to be happy with us being together..so i need ways to convince them. so getting them to talk to an imam is a very good idea. thank you so much guys:smile:

🥺 aw ok, defo making duas yeah, inshallah all works out!
🥺 aw ok, defo making duas yeah, inshallah all works out!

thank you so so much:smile:
and i think u might know who i am lol....never expected u to be in this thread
Hes dumped you that's it
thank you so so much:smile:
and i think u might know who i am lol....never expected u to be in this thread

yeah i know who you are lol, dw bout it x
Hes dumped you that's it

i did say after that he said hes needs space
yeah i know who you are lol, dw bout it x