The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow Clearing and Adjustment 2021

Is there any chance University of Glasgow would be in Clearing or Adjustment for Scottish students? I'd imagine even if it was, it's probably not for any of the popular courses like law, psychology and others? Does anyone know how it was in previous years?
Any uni will take any kind of student provided they have space.
It’s not a definite nobody added to psych because it’s popular type thing and they’re not fussed if you’re Scottish, rest of UK or international
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Any uni will take any kind of student provided they have space.
It’s not a definite nobody added to psych because it’s popular type thing and they’re not fussed if you’re Scottish, rest of UK or international

Why would Glasgow (Or any other unis, in Scottish or in the rest of the UK) not be fussed if the applicant is Scottish, rest of UK or international where there is a significant difference in the amount of fees amongst the different types of applicants where Scottish applicants don't pay tuition fees, rest of UK pay 9,000 and international and EU pay even more (not sure on the amount)?

Also do you think that courses that are only currently available in clearing for international and EU applicants may change to Scottish and rest of UK applicants on results day depending on if the courses have space?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Also do you think that courses that are only currently available in clearing for international and EU applicants may change to Scottish and rest of UK applicants on results day depending on if the courses have space?

They can but it’s probably unlikely, they have a limited amount of spaces for Scottish students and they cannot take on more than that - I was told there are pretty much no vacancies for Scottish students in Clearing
They can but it’s probably unlikely, they have a limited amount of spaces for Scottish students and they cannot take on more than that - I was told there are pretty much no vacancies for Scottish students in Clearing

What about rest of the UK applicants (English,Welsh and Northern Irish). Do you think there's a chance that the courses currently available in clearing for only international and EU applicants may change to rest of the UK applicants (Minus Scotland) (English,Welsh and Northern Irish)?
Reply 5
What about rest of the UK applicants (English,Welsh and Northern Irish). Do you think there's a chance that the courses currently available in clearing for only international and EU applicants may change to rest of the UK applicants (Minus Scotland) (English,Welsh and Northern Irish)?

There is always a chance for both, Scottish and RUK vacancies, but out of the two the latter is just more likely because of the number of places available. It also depends on the course you’re interested in.
There is always a chance for both, Scottish and RUK vacancies, but out of the two the latter is just more likely because of the number of places available. It also depends on the course you’re interested in.

The course I was thinking is Philosophy/Psychology (Philosophy and Psychology) the entry requirements are AAA-ABB. Also do you think the university will be lenient with the grades, eg if someone gets 1 grade off (BBB) they still might get accepted?

How about C800 Psychology? I've already got AAA in bio, chem and maths cuz I graduated sixth form in 2020. I'm looking to get in Glasgow through clearing, and if that doesn't happen, through 2022 entry.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending