The Student Room Group

People who got a 3rd, what are you doing now?

I received a 3rd class honours degree in chemistry from UOM and I am really disappointed in myself. I can’t eat and can’t leave my room, I feel hopeless that I won’t be able to find a job or do anything with my degree.
Honestly it barely even matters in the job market outside of doing further study like PhD or specific graduate schemes that require 2:1. Once you get experience in say, banking, pharmaceuticals or real estate, noone will care about the classification of your degree and 3rd class in Chemistry is still quite nice as it signals that you have the right aptitude to complete one of the most challenging science degrees
Original post by sophe1216
I received a 3rd class honours degree in chemistry from UOM and I am really disappointed in myself. I can’t eat and can’t leave my room, I feel hopeless that I won’t be able to find a job or do anything with my degree.

there's no sugar coating it. you have a bright future ahead of you but it's going to take 1-2 years to get there, you will need to do something like start off as a Recruitment Consultant or maybe pharma sales to prove your people skills and then move on from there
I think we should be allowed to resit the year because of COVID
Reply 4
Original post by Hirsty97
I think we should be allowed to resit the year because of COVID

I think so too but even if we resit any modules it will be capped at 40, sigh.
Original post by sophe1216

did you have extenuating circumstances?
Reply 6
Original post by yeye21
did you have extenuating circumstances?

I am a DASS registered student and suffer from depression and anxiety but with the nature of my disability i have good days and bad days. second year was an abomination and it really pulled my grades down.
did a masters and managed to get merit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending