The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry university

Right, I’ve passed all my modules except one, this was a module that started in January. It was deferred to the summer and I didn’t pass it, can I re-sit this deferral and still progress to 3rd year? Or would I have to do 2nd year all over again, because of this failed module, without the opportunity to carry over
Original post by James1568
Right, I’ve passed all my modules except one, this was a module that started in January. It was deferred to the summer and I didn’t pass it, can I re-sit this deferral and still progress to 3rd year? Or would I have to do 2nd year all over again, because of this failed module, without the opportunity to carry over

Hi @James1568,

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear about this.
To my knowledge, progressing onto the next stage of your academic studies will depend on whether you have a sufficient number of credits. If so, then you will re-sit the assignments at the next opportunity whilst going into the third year.
Usually, if a student fails the first time and fails the resit, the module needs to be taken again; including class attendance. Therefore, going part-time before advancing onto the next stage of the course.
However, it's best to double-check with your module leader and registry to confirm what happens next.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
(edited 2 years ago)
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hi @James1568,

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear about this.
To my knowledge, progressing onto the next stage of your academic studies will depend on whether you have a sufficient number of credits. If so, then you will re-sit the assignments at the next opportunity whilst going into the third year.
Usually, if a student fails the first time and fails the resit, the module needs to be taken again; including class attendance. Therefore, going part-time before advancing onto the next stage of the course.
However, it's best to double-check with your module leader and registry to confirm what happens next.

I hope this helps.

Veronica

Hi. Is there not an option for a condoned pass ?
Hi. Is there not an option for a condoned pass ?

Thank you for getting back to me.

You're only eligible for a condoned pass if the course-specific regulations allow for condonement, and the undergraduate modules you're taking are Levels 3 & 4 - you can find out this information in the course specification document.
It's best to find the course specification and see if you qualify and then speak to the module leader to discuss what your options are.

Veronica
Reply 4
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Thank you for getting back to me.

You're only eligible for a condoned pass if the course-specific regulations allow for condonement, and the undergraduate modules you're taking are Levels 3 & 4 - you can find out this information in the course specification document.
It's best to find the course specification and see if you qualify and then speak to the module leader to discuss what your options are.

Veronica

So 2nd year (level 5) students cannot get a condoned pass ?
So 2nd year (level 5) students cannot get a condoned pass ?

It's unlikely. However, it's best to clarify and follow up by asking either your module leader or your course director who will know more information regarding this.

Veronica
Reply 6
Update : I got a condoned pass!

Hey @James1568,

Congrats!
Thanks for proving me wrong :P

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Hi I'm in a similar situation can I ask how did you manage to get condoned pass?

Hey James,

I am an international student who is facing the same issue. Could you please share how and to whom did you reach out for getting a condoned pass. Is there any formal procedure to request it or should I just contact my module leader and course director?

Quick Reply

Latest