The Student Room Group

What are the top 3-5 places that you would like to visit in the near future?

What are your top travel destinations?

Scroll to see replies

In the next four years I would love to be in:

Geneve
London
Vienna
Amsterdam
Prague

And those are just the places abroad!
Original post by Kallisto
In the next four years I would love to be in:

Geneve
London
Vienna
Amsterdam
Prague

And those are just the places abroad!

I've visited all apart from Geneve. Prague and Amsterdam in particular have a very cosy feeling to them that makes you want to stay and actually move there. Vienna is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
(edited 2 years ago)
specific places or countries will work?
Original post by JAckieee.chan
specific places or countries will work?

Both are totally fine
Specific places - Portofino, Jerusalem, dead sea, Giza and Kashmir.
Original post by Robert Walpole
I've visited all apart from Geneve. Prague and Amsterdam in particular have a very cosy feeling to them that makes you want to stay and actually move there. Vienna is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

And what about London?

Geneve is on my list because of the collider CERN. It can be visited to certain times. And as I know that there is a buddhist monastery somewhere in this city. Vienna has impressive baroque buildings I am interest in, a must have.
And what about London?

Geneve is on my list because of the collider CERN. It can be visited to certain times. And as I know that there is a buddhist monastery somewhere in this city. Vienna has impressive baroque buildings I am interest in, a must have.

Geneva is great, horrifically expensive though.
Reply 8
Switzerland, Canada, Scotland, New Zealand
france
Original post by Sandtrooper
Geneva is great, horrifically expensive though.

I believe in your words: was in Zürich last year and the prices at some spots in the city are horrifically expensive indeed. Don't think that it is different in Geneve.
Within England: Bath, Isle of Wight and Southall.
Overseas: Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Monaco, Northern Ireland and Rome.
I believe in your words: was in Zürich last year and the prices at some spots in the city are horrifically expensive indeed. Don't think that it is different in Geneve.

Pretty sure a cheeseburger and chips at Burger King was the equivalent of like ten pounds. F.
Original post by Sandtrooper
Pretty sure a cheeseburger and chips at Burger King was the equivalent of like ten pounds. F.

The cheapest food you can get there is at a kebap shop, they have - in comparison to other countries - standard prices.
In no particular order: Tokyo, New York, Rome, Geneva and Seoul.
Abroad : Rural Switzerland, i visited during winter so would like to see it when theres no snow especially the german parts, miami, venice, Santorini, Road trip round italy

Within UK - Snowdonia, Elan Valley, NI, anglesey and Lake Windermere, oh and Portmeiron
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Robert Walpole
What are your top travel destinations?

I need to get to Egypt at some point. I also want to visit Canada - which will be pretty easy to do as I'm studying abroad in the US next year. I'd also love to visit Chernobyl, and the Scandinavian countries I haven't seen yet - only been to Finland.

It's been a lifelong dream of mine to ride the Trans-Siberian or Trans-Mongolian Railway, so I hope to do that at some point in the future.
Given that I won’t be travelling abroad or even nationally any time soon, my humble list consists of:
1) London Transport Museum
2) Imperial War Museum
3) British (or the not-so-British) museum

…and by extension, every other museum in the vicinity.
London
Morocco
Iceland
Original post by gtty123
In no particular order: Tokyo, New York, Rome, Geneva and Seoul.

You are talking about the city in the Switzerland? I just realized that I have a typo my comments above, as I always thought that it is written with an 'a' at the end. :redface:

Try Rome and Geneva first. They are cheapier.

Quick Reply

Latest