The Student Room Group

Overthinking about A levels

I’m starting A levels in September and aiming to bio chem and maths however I’m overthinking about how much content the will be and how I’ll absorb it and remember it. My plan is to just use the flashcards on physics and maths tutor and when I feel I know them do the questions they have and during exam season do past papers however I feel like I’m setting myself up for failure as it’s feels like it’s too crap of a revison method I dunno at this point
Past papers, flash cards, textbooks, YouTube videos and exam style questions.

Revision World (Website)
Physics and Maths Tutor (Website)
Maths Genie (Website and YouTube)
Allery Chemistry (YouTube)
A Level Biology Help (YouTube)
Snap Revise (YouTube)
You'll be fine as long as you don't get complacent in yr12
Original post by emek4official

Revision World (Website)
Snap Revise (YouTube)

+ Science and Maths by Primrose Kitten (YouTube)
Cognito (also Science and Maths, YouTube)
GCSE Maths Tutor (he covers topics some people only learn at A Level like Calculus)
Original post by I-cba
I’m starting A levels in September and aiming to bio chem and maths however I’m overthinking about how much content the will be and how I’ll absorb it and remember it. My plan is to just use the flashcards on physics and maths tutor and when I feel I know them do the questions they have and during exam season do past papers however I feel like I’m setting myself up for failure as it’s feels like it’s too crap of a revison method I dunno at this point

Honestly as long as you keep on top of it as you go along you'll be fine. I did the same A Levels so I don't know how the others compare content wise but it's by no means unmanageable. It's a change from GCSEs but I think there is some unnecessary scaremongering surrounding these A Levels in my opinion. I did mind maps instead of flashcards but by the end I was almost exclusively using exam questions. Anything with active recall like flashcards is great just be sure to make them as soon as you've finished a topic so that you can remember all the details to write down and you do not leave yourself loads of work just before mocks/ exams :smile:
Original post by emek4official

Revision World (Website)
Snap Revise (YouTube)

To add, Khan Academy is amazing for math and science. Well structured, performance tracking, free, and with supplementary materials. It’s like having a personal tutor.
Original post by I'mnotginger
+ Science and Maths by Primrose Kitten (YouTube)
Cognito (also Science and Maths, YouTube)
GCSE Maths Tutor (he covers topics some people only learn at A Level like Calculus)

Not for me, I am not a fan of Primrose Kitten.

Quick Reply

Latest