The Student Room Group

UCAS application with Teacher assessed grades AND predicted grade

So results day is soon and I am taking a gap year as I know I either failed biology or only got an E. I do psychology and sociology also which I am quite strong at. Is it possible to apply with my TAG grades for psychology and sociology and then use a predicted grade for biology? Even thought I will have a U/E grade for biology but a predicted grade of C? I dont feel prepared enough for autumn exams given how close they are and would rather do my exam for biology in summer, I am just unsure about the UCAS situation
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by zoe.nyaku
So results day is soon and I am taking a gap year as I know I either failed biology or only got an E. I do psychology and sociology also which I am quite strong at. Is it possible to apply with my TAG grades for psychology and sociology and then use a predicted grade for biology? Even thought I will have a U/E grade for biology but a predicted grade of C? I dont feel prepared enough for autumn exams given how close they are and would rather do my exam for biology in summer, I am just unsure about the UCAS situation

You must declare ALL your results. If you’re expecting to sit biology exams in the summer then you need to list biology on your application twice - once with your 2021 result and once with a result pending in 2022.
Original post by PQ
You must declare ALL your results. If you’re expecting to sit biology exams in the summer then you need to list biology on your application twice - once with your 2021 result and once with a result pending in 2022.

I know I have to declare everything I have GCSE resits I put all my original and new grades, but I had those grades by the time it was time to apply. But will having a U 2021 grade affect me even though I'll have a C predicted grade pending for 2022? Thats what I'm worried about
I know I have to declare everything I have GCSE resits I put all my original and new grades, but I had those grades by the time it was time to apply. But will having a U 2021 grade affect me even though I'll have a C predicted grade pending for 2022? Thats what I'm worried about

It shouldn't do, depending on the university. All universities know that the last few years have been unusual in the way teaching took place and grades awarded.
Original post by PQ
It shouldn't do, depending on the university. All universities know that the last few years have been unusual in the way teaching took place and grades awarded.

Yeah the whole lockdown and lost teaching situation affected me quite badly, the science department was an absolute mess that's why there's such a big grade difference between my psychology and sociology grade compared to my biology grade. I should get ABE on results day, and apply to UCAS with AB and predicted grade C.
Yeah the whole lockdown and lost teaching situation affected me quite badly, the science department was an absolute mess that's why there's such a big grade difference between my psychology and sociology grade compared to my biology grade. I should get ABE on results day, and apply to UCAS with AB and predicted grade C.

Just as long as you declare the E grade too :yes:
Original post by PQ
Just as long as you declare the E grade too :yes:

Yep, I'll remember to!

Quick Reply

Latest