The Student Room Group

bangor university insurance choice and acoomodation

hi guys, my firm choice is bristol university but i know for sure i wont get in hence why i have accepted bangor uiversity and settled for that. however its my insurnace and is there any way i can apply for accomdation early? for insurance holders? i have an unconditional offer

also, what does that mean for SFE? would it be reduced because i changed locations etc . will i have to update this all

i also want to change course can i go into clearing but its in the same uni, instead of zoology i want to do wildlife conservation at the same uni and i have teh grades it requires
Ask Bangor for course change. Applying for accommodation should be open.
Original post by random_matt
Ask Bangor for course change. Applying for accommodation should be open.

it says the closing date is july 31st for firm choice holders but im a insurnace choice
Original post by unknownecho10
it says the closing date is july 31st for firm choice holders but im a insurnace choice

Again, ask Bangor.
Reply 4
hi guys, my firm choice is bristol university but i know for sure i wont get in hence why i have accepted bangor uiversity and settled for that. however its my insurnace and is there any way i can apply for accomdation early? for insurance holders? i have an unconditional offer

also, what does that mean for SFE? would it be reduced because i changed locations etc . will i have to update this all

i also want to change course can i go into clearing but its in the same uni, instead of zoology i want to do wildlife conservation at the same uni and i have teh grades it requires

It seems like they'll send you a link to apply for accommodation once it's confirmed that you're going there, so I doubt you can apply before results day. Just make sure you're ready to make the application as soon as they email and have researched your preferences.

Your student finance amounts shouldn't change, as you would still be living away from home outside of London - you'd just need to log in and change the details online once it's confirmed to make sure they're paying the right uni!

As random_matt said, ask Bangor if they'll change your course instead of having to risk going through clearing on results day.

Hi @unknownecho10,

Apologies if I am getting this wrong but it seems like maybe Bangor is your Insurance choice and you haven't accepted the offer to study at Bangor formally only in mind and Bristol is still your Firm choice on UCAS? If this is the case you won't be able to apply for accommodation as we only offer accommodation to Firm applicants. However I wouldn't worry as we do have accommodation available and if you do not get into Bristol and therefore are accepted on your Insurance choice (Bangor) you will be sent a form to apply for accommodation within 24 hours of accepting.

If the above is incorrect and you have Bangor as your Firm choice on UCAS. When did you accept the offer from Bangor? Once you have accepted Bangor as your firm choice (before 31st of July) you should receive an email on how to book your accommodation but this could take a couple of days from when you accept your offer on UCAS as it takes time for our team to receive the information of your acceptance. If you haven't received this yet and it's been a couple of days please email [email protected].

You will need to update your Student Finance to the University you are attending and the correct course. Have a read of this page - https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/change-an-application. You should be able to do this on your online account. I would recommend that you make your course updates with us first to avoid having to change the finance application twice.

For the course please email [email protected] with your request. I can see that the entry requirements are slightly different on these courses but if you are meeting these as you mentioned it shouldn't be a problem to change your course over to the Wildlife Conservation course. https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/2021/c328-wildlife-conservation#entryrequirements.

Hopefully you'll find this information useful if there is anything else you need help with please do send me a message :smile:
Rhian
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending