The Student Room Group

Poverty and Health Journal Article HELP!!!!

Can anyone help with the poverty and health journal article unit on the access course..... Unit 17 Health Professionals or Unit 18 Nursing please? I have been trying to get my head around this unit for almost 2 weeks now and I am still stuck!! Any help would be massively appreciated ...... thanks in advance!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well, first off, I have no idea what these unita are about. But in general I am familiar with poverty and health as well as nursing and health professionals . My current Master's course actually tackles these issues on an international level.

What I always noted is, it is not vital what others have to say but often issues with courses can be resolved when you try to explain the content, the issue and the problem to someone who is not totally in the picture of the exact course, hence will maybe ask questions, which aid you to grasp the unit or task.

So maybe you would like to explain a bit more, what it is all about, where you have difficulties, and what exactly you cannot get your head around.
Original post by PräGesu
Well, first off, I have no idea what these unita are about. But in general I am familiar with poverty and health as well as nursing and health professionals . My current Master's course actually tackles these issues on an international level.

What I always noted is, it is not vital what others have to say but often issues with courses can be resolved when you try to explain the content, the issue and the problem to someone who is not totally in the picture of the exact course, hence will maybe ask questions, which aid you to grasp the unit or task.

So maybe you would like to explain a bit more, what it is all about, where you have difficulties, and what exactly you cannot get your head around.

This is the assignment brief. I’m just not sure what to write as the study materials are so vague.

Describe two sociological approaches to poverty and health. Structural and Agency.
Explain how Social Scientists’ research and government initiatives have provided a greater insight into the link between poverty and health.
Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.
Have you researched some of the sources quoted in the surveys?

Have you conducted any additional research on the issues such as for example the linked aspects of health determinants, social inequalities or Social Development Goals (SDG).

Sometimes broadening your view or focusing on specific concepts assists in grasping a specific topic.
Reply 4
I’m just starting and also confused, which approaches do they want us to discuss?? For
Section 1.1? Micro and macro, agency or structural or sociological and political?
Original post by gemmam08
I’m just starting and also confused, which approaches do they want us to discuss?? For
Section 1.1? Micro and macro, agency or structural or sociological and political?

Agency and structural.
Reply 6
Don't rush through these prompts. I find them straight forward, and I believe there's a vast number of resources you can use to complete this assignment.
Reply 7
Original post by Gemmahannah11
Agency and structural.

Thankyou, have you written yours yet? Would love some more guidance on layout etc
Original post by gemmam08
Thankyou, have you written yours yet? Would love some more guidance on layout etc

Nope, still totally stuck! 3 weeks now I’ve been staring at this one 🙈
Reply 9
Do you have any class materials related to this?
Reply 10
has anyone completed this unit yet?
i have been stuck for sometime and my time is running out
Hi has any got a clue about this unit? xx
Hi did you complete this unit? I submit it twice but my tutor sent me back and need more details. Could you please help me?
Original post by Helma1277
Hi did you complete this unit? I submit it twice but my tutor sent me back and need more details. Could you please help me?

I need help. I can’t even start. xx 😭😭
Original post by India_gmb
I need help. I can’t even start. xx 😭😭

I wrote all the question but the tutor said still need to work.
Original post by PräGesu
Have you researched some of the sources quoted in the surveys?

Have you conducted any additional research on the issues such as for example the linked aspects of health determinants, social inequalities or Social Development Goals (SDG).

Sometimes broadening your view or focusing on specific concepts assists in grasping a specific topic.

Could you please help me if you done? I complete my journal and sumit for teo time but the tutor sent it back and this is my third time for submit.Could you please help me ):
Original post by Helma1277
Could you please help me if you done? I complete my journal and sumit for teo time but the tutor sent it back and this is my third time for submit.Could you please help me ):

Of you read my post carefully, I gave general assisstance but I am not enrolled in your program.
Original post by PräGesu
Of you read my post carefully, I gave general assisstance but I am not enrolled in your program.

Sorry I didn`nt see your post. Thank you
Has anyone completed this? I really need some help please xx
Has anyone managed to finish this unit? If you have please can you message me as I am completely stuck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending