The Student Room Group

Clarks interview

So on the 23rd of July I had an interview at clarks. I still haven't heard back from them whether I got the job or not. Has anyone worked here and do they normally take such a long time? My friend got a job at KFC and they heard back from them in 2 days.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elz15
So on the 23rd of July I had an interview at clarks. I still haven't heard back from them whether I got the job or not. Has anyone worked here and do they normally take such a long time? My friend got a job at KFC and they heard back from them in 2 days.

I heard back exactly after a week
Reply 2
Original post by elizabethxo
I heard back exactly after a week

Thank you so much. I feel so relieved to hear that. I've been really worried that I'd never hear anything back from them and I'm really desperate for the job x Are you still working at clarks? :smile:
Original post by Elz15
Thank you so much. I feel so relieved to hear that. I've been really worried that I'd never hear anything back from them and I'm really desperate for the job x Are you still working at clarks? :smile:

Good luck, I hope you get it! and yes I’m still working there, it’s my first job (I started almost 2 weeks ago). It’s a good job and I think you’ll like it but the only downside is my manager was away when I joined so I didn’t get any training, I had to learn by asking the other staff for help and asking questions when I’m unsure of stuff, so some of them seem to be getting a little annoyed with me now😅 but once you know what you’re doing it’s actually a good and chilled job xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Good luck, I hope you get it! and yes I’m still working there, it’s my first job (I started almost 2 weeks ago). It’s a good job and I think you’ll like it but the only downside is my manager was away when I joined so I didn’t get any training, I had to learn by asking the other staff for help and asking questions when I’m unsure of stuff, so some of them seem to be getting a little annoyed with me now😅 but once you know what you’re doing it’s actually a good and chilled job xx

If I get the job it will be my first ever job too. The one that I applied to is seasonal so I would only be working during the back to school bit. I'm guessing you had go do a group interview as well x
Original post by Elz15
If I get the job it will be my first ever job too. The one that I applied to is seasonal so I would only be working during the back to school bit. I'm guessing you had go do a group interview as well x

Yes mine is also just seasonal and I had to do the group interview too! Xx
Reply 6
Yes mine is also just seasonal and I had to do the group interview too! Xx

I'm just curious how much pay you get as they never actually told me. You don't have to say if you don't want to but would like an idea of what I would earn if I get the job. Hopefully I hear back from them tomorrow🤞😄
Original post by Elz15
I'm just curious how much pay you get as they never actually told me. You don't have to say if you don't want to but would like an idea of what I would earn if I get the job. Hopefully I hear back from them tomorrow🤞😄

You’ll likely get minimum wage which depending on your age if it’s your first job likely 4.60 or something like that. They used to pay more but due to COVID, they reduced it.
Reply 8
Original post by Whatisizekiah
You’ll likely get minimum wage which depending on your age if it’s your first job likely 4.60 or something like that. They used to pay more but due to COVID, they reduced it.

Thank you 😊
Original post by Elz15

I'm 17 and get £6.56 which is more than minimum wage for my age, if you're older then it should be even higher for you x
Reply 10
I'm 17 and get £6.56 which is more than minimum wage for my age, if you're older then it should be even higher for you x

I'm only 16 but I hope to get a similar wage to you. Xx
Yeah you deffo will then because 16-17 year olds get paid the same amount x
Reply 12
Yeah you deffo will then because 16-17 year olds get paid the same amount x

Today is Friday so been a week since my interview so I hope I hear from them today. Even if I didn't get the job would I still hear from them?😀😀
Original post by Elz15
Today is Friday so been a week since my interview so I hope I hear from them today. Even if I didn't get the job would I still hear from them?😀😀

At my interview we got told that even if you don’t get the role you’ll still receive an email or something telling you that you didn’t get it. So I think you should call them and ask them if you’ve been successful x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
At my interview we got told that even if you don’t get the role you’ll still receive an email or something telling you that you didn’t get it. So I think you should call them and ask them if you’ve been successful x

I found their email so if I haven't had an email back today I'm gonna email them🤣but even if I don't get the job at least I'll get an email. How many other people where at your group interview if you can remember lol
Original post by Elz15
I found their email so if I haven't had an email back today I'm gonna email them🤣but even if I don't get the job at least I'll get an email. How many other people where at your group interview if you can remember lol

There was around 10-12 of us there
Reply 16
There was around 10-12 of us there

I still haven't got an email from them😔at mine there were only 4 other people. Did they give the job to more than one person?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Elz15
I still haven't got an email from them😔at mine there were only 4 other people. Did they give the job to more than one person?

Yes but I’m not sure how many they hired as we all work different days but I’ve met 3 new staff so far who’ve just also been hired. Also I think they held more group interviews on different days as 2 of the new staff that I met I didn’t recognise from my interview (but that might not be the same for you since there were only 4 people in yours). If I were you I’d just give them a ring so you don’t have to keep feeling on edge waiting for them to call you xx
Reply 18
Yes but I’m not sure how many they hired as we all work different days but I’ve met 3 new staff so far who’ve just also been hired. Also I think they held more group interviews on different days as 2 of the new staff that I met I didn’t recognise from my interview (but that might not be the same for you since there were only 4 people in yours). If I were you I’d just give them a ring so you don’t have to keep feeling on edge waiting for them to call you xx

They still haven't contacted me. I always thought they would email me saying whether I had the job but I've had no call either. I might ring them but I'm not very good on the phone lol.
Original post by Elz15
They still haven't contacted me. I always thought they would email me saying whether I had the job but I've had no call either. I might ring them but I'm not very good on the phone lol.

You can say something like this:

'Hi, i'm _____, I interviewed here over a week ago for the position of a summer temp sales assistant, and i'm just wondering if you could update me on the status of my application'.

The worst that can happen is they say you didn't get it, but don't take it too personally! I would just say something like 'Oh alright then, thank you anyways bye' and then just keep applying to many more jobs and i'm sure you'll recieve an offer soon! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending