The Student Room Group

Didn´t meet all the requirements for an unconditional offer

I received a conditional offer from Exeter, but I didn't meet all the requirements for an unconditional offer, so now I have to wait until august 10. Would you wait (have in mind I want my student loan accepted before uni starts) or would you change your insurance choice to your first choice?
Only you can decide this - ie. how badly do you want to go to Exeter, do you actually want to go to your Insurance, and how will you feel if you switch and then discover you would have been accepted at Exeter?

Everyone gets the jitters at this stage and being 'on hold' adds to your stress, but making a panicky decision based on whether or not you may/may not get student housing? Its a bit limp really isn't it? Btw, if you switch Firm/Insurance now there is no guarantee you would get automatic accommodation at your Insurance as the deadline for most Uni accom is long gone.

Stop worrying........
Stick with Exeter.
Original post by studentfromuk
I received a conditional offer from Exeter, but I didn't meet all the requirements for an unconditional offer, so now I have to wait until august 10. Would you wait (have in mind I want my student loan accepted before uni starts) or would you change your insurance choice to your first choice?

If the only reason is the student loan, I'd hold on. Changing to your insurance on results day shouldn't cause finance issues.

Hi!
It's great that you received an offer and fingers are crossed for results day!
I would wait until you get your results to make a decision. There are plenty of people who have been/are in a similar situation but it always works out in the end. I wouldn't worry too much about your student loan - they are well aware of the whole process and are very good at managing it all.
I agree with McGinger, if you chose your insurance choice and then found out you would have been accepted at Exeter you would probably feel pretty gutted.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:
On top of the above - you don’t really have any choice here. It is too late to swap replies and so the only thing that can happen is that you could ASK Exeter to reject you before results day - they may well be unwilling to do that.

The vast majority of students take A levels and their results dont come out until 10 August so students who get their results earlier have to wait until that date if they miss their offers. When the universities know who has met their grades they look to see if there are any spaces available. If there are spaces available they select the nearest misses. You might get in or you want but there is nothing to be gained now. Unfortunately it is a case of waiting and seeing.
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!
It's great that you received an offer and fingers are crossed for results day!
I would wait until you get your results to make a decision. There are plenty of people who have been/are in a similar situation but it always works out in the end. I wouldn't worry too much about your student loan - they are well aware of the whole process and are very good at managing it all.
I agree with McGinger, if you chose your insurance choice and then found out you would have been accepted at Exeter you would probably feel pretty gutted.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:

Thank you! But might there really be a chance for me to get an offer, are universities usually willing to do this? (Btw I'm an international student)

I would wait - most people don't get unconditional offers til results day (which is earlier this year than normal) and that causes no problems with student loans
Thank you! But might there really be a chance for me to get an offer, are universities usually willing to do this? (Btw I'm an international student)

Definitely! If you were given a conditional offer then they will accept you if you receive the results required when you get them. They MAY even accept you if you get below the results depending on how many places they’ve filled, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending