The Student Room Group

how do you find a partner who actually wants to travel with you?

I know this sounds stupid but I have been building a budget to go travelling for years and now that I finally have saved enough, I have nobody to travel with.

I will eventually go solo, I am not gonna postpone it. But ideally, I'd want to be with someone. I know loads of people say they love travel but I don't really know people who actually do travel a lot. It's costly and requires a ton of energy so it's not a surprise many people can't actually do it.

But how do you find someone who also wants to travel the world with their partner? (not merely someone who would want to!)
Original post by Anonymous
I know this sounds stupid but I have been building a budget to go travelling for years and now that I finally have saved enough, I have nobody to travel with.

I will eventually go solo, I am not gonna postpone it. But ideally, I'd want to be with someone. I know loads of people say they love travel but I don't really know people who actually do travel a lot. It's costly and requires a ton of energy so it's not a surprise many people can't actually do it.

But how do you find someone who also wants to travel the world with their partner? (not merely someone who would want to!)

Ask people from work, school, family and bf/gf? Ask around mate it sure is hard I wish their was a better answer
Reply 2
Original post by Ketchup007
Ask people from work, school, family and bf/gf? Ask around mate it sure is hard I wish their was a better answer

It's quite awkward to ask though and I feel like they must be a friend or some I actually want to spend time with, not a random person from work or an annoying family member lol.

I am a guy and I am single, no gf. I'm also pretty unattractive so I don't really look for gfs at all.
advertise
Do you mean a romantic or sexual partner?
Or just a platonic travelling partner?
There are plenty of websites for the latter purpose.

go solo.

Unless you are some werido who has the social skills of a mums basement dwelling self abuser, you will make friends while travelling
Reply 6
Original post by tinygirl96
advertise

what do you mean advertise?
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Do you mean a romantic or sexual partner?
Or just a platonic travelling partner?
There are plenty of websites for the latter purpose.

Platonic but not anyone though. What kind of websites are you referring to? I wish to travel with someone I am familiar with, not a best friend ofc (I have asked!) but someone who I know is like minded, reasonable and just compatible with me. Travelling with someone who's difficult or weird or makes you feel uncomfortable is not something I'd wanna do.
Reply 8
Original post by Stumpy1001
go solo.

Unless you are some werido who has the social skills of a mums basement dwelling self abuser, you will make friends while travelling

I will probably end up going solo, I mean I already have traveled solo anyway. But it's not as simple as making friends. I have friends already and have made friends abroad but finding someone who wants to travel with me and is compatible with me is another story.
It's quite awkward to ask though and I feel like they must be a friend or some I actually want to spend time with, not a random person from work or an annoying family member lol.

I am a guy and I am single, no gf. I'm also pretty unattractive so I don't really look for gfs at all.

I get u. U just have to do it. If not mate try solo? You could try dating sites for someone who likes travelling or simular hobbies might be fun? Honestly keep me updated I actually care and hope things work out.
Original post by Ketchup007
I get u. U just have to do it. If not mate try solo? You could try dating sites for someone who likes travelling or simular hobbies might be fun? Honestly keep me updated I actually care and hope things work out.

Have solo traveled in the past and as I said, I will probably have to go solo.

I don't want to date anyone, I am really unattractive and don't wanna go through that pain again, it's not worth it.

I am definitely thinking of talking more to people on social media like people who also enjoy photography, history, etc. I don't normally engage with them, like I will post my photos, people may comment or like etc but I don't go to other people's profiles and ask them about their photos and travels. I probably can give it a try but I really want to avoid awkwardness, I don't want to alienate anyone lol.

Do you also wanna travel? or why is this of interest to you?
I completely get you, because I want to travel a lot too. But if I don't find anyone to travel with me I'm going solo idc. Go solo bestie and make friends while you're travelling :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
I completely get you, because I want to travel a lot too. But if I don't find anyone to travel with me I'm going solo idc. Go solo bestie and make connections while you're travelling :smile:

I have made some friends through travel but no-one who I can really rely on to consistently travel with (it's a big commitment to make so it's not really surprising).

I will very likely go solo or in the meantime try and be more interested in people with whom I have shared interests. Maybe I have been too tame in approaching people from photography groups or historical societies I am a member of.
I have made some friends through travel but no-one who I can really rely on to consistently travel with (it's a big commitment to make so it's not really surprising).

I will very likely go solo or in the meantime try and be more interested in people with whom I have shared interests. Maybe I have been too tame in approaching people from photography groups or historical societies I am a member of.

Yeah good luck with that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending