The Student Room Group

How Hard is the LNAT EXAM?

has any one done the LNAT? if so how hard is it, when is the best time i should do it and how do i revise?
The LNAT exam is tough. Its the best to prepare it as early as possible. You can purchase some textbooks and materials online.
Use arbitio to revise.

The test itself isn’t particularly hard once you get used to reading quickly.
Original post by camapplicant530
Use arbitio to revise.

The test itself isn’t particularly hard once you get used to reading quickly.

Without Arbitio, do you think it would still be possible to get 28-30?
Original post by Unknownx12
Without Arbitio, do you think it would still be possible to get 28-30?

This is an impossible question to answer definitively: it will depend entirely on how good you are at verbal reasoning/logical inferences etc.

What I do know is arbitio helped me massively. The worked solutions are excellent and teach the basics of critical reasoning well.
ok, so when do you recommend i acctually take the test?
This is an impossible question to answer definitively: it will depend entirely on how good you are at verbal reasoning/logical inferences etc.

What I do know is arbitio helped me massively. The worked solutions are excellent and teach the basics of critical reasoning well.

Thank you! Currently there is a cramming version or the normal £65 version - since I already have books, do you think the cramming version would be sufficient?
Original post by Unknownx12
Thank you! Currently there is a cramming version or the normal £65 version - since I already have books, do you think the cramming version would be sufficient?

Honestly mate i'd just pay for the full version as you don't get the performance analytics with the cram. I did x2 tests a week and replicated the exam conditions precisely - that seemed to work for me.

Do note that during the real thing the noise from others typing (you don't all start the test at the same time) can be seriously distracting, so ask for earplugs.
Honestly mate i'd just pay for the full version as you don't get the performance analytics with the cram. I did x2 tests a week and replicated the exam conditions precisely - that seemed to work for me.

Do note that during the real thing the noise from others typing (you don't all start the test at the same time) can be seriously distracting, so ask for earplugs.

Thank you again! I think I’ll get the full version then!
Original post by Blackrose06
ok, so when do you recommend i acctually take the test?

Assuming you aren't applying to Oxbridge, you can actually take it any time up to the LNAT deadline in January.

You can submit your UCAS application before you take LNAT - but obviously you wont be considered for an offer until you have taken it and the Uni has your score.

My advice is that you register for LNAT and book your test as soon as you can - ie. regardless of the date you choose, just get on and book it. What tends to happen is that the Dec/Jan slots book up more quickly and if you leave it too long, you will risk there being more test slots left. 'I forgot to book my test until it was too late' isn't an excuse. I'd also suggest you take LNAT before autumn half-term and submit your UCAS application at the same time - simply because that way you are likely to have at least one offer before Christmas, which is both reassuring and stops you fretting over Christmas/NY.

It isnt a test of knowledge so you can't 'revise' for it, but you can practice it so that you are confident with the format.
This is especially important for the essay section - being able to write a succinct short essay within the time limit does take practice.

There are heaps of LNAT books on Amazon etc - one example : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-LNAT-Guide-Techniques-UniAdmissions/dp/0993231160 Far cheaper than Arbitio, and just as effective.
thanks

Original post by McGinger
Assuming you aren't applying to Oxbridge, you can actually take it any time up to the LNAT deadline in January.

You can submit your UCAS application before you take LNAT - but obviously you wont be considered for an offer until you have taken it and the Uni has your score.

My advice is that you register for LNAT and book your test as soon as you can - ie. regardless of the date you choose, just get on and book it. What tends to happen is that the Dec/Jan slots book up more quickly and if you leave it too long, you will risk there being more test slots left. 'I forgot to book my test until it was too late' isn't an excuse. I'd also suggest you take LNAT before autumn half-term and submit your UCAS application at the same time - simply because that way you are likely to have at least one offer before Christmas, which is both reassuring and stops you fretting over Christmas/NY.

It isnt a test of knowledge so you can't 'revise' for it, but you can practice it so that you are confident with the format.
This is especially important for the essay section - being able to write a succinct short essay within the time limit does take practice.

There are heaps of LNAT books on Amazon etc - one example : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-LNAT-Guide-Techniques-UniAdmissions/dp/0993231160 Far cheaper than Arbitio, and just as effective.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending