The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Best accommodation in Nottingham for social life?

Luckily I am a Welsh student, therefore money isn’t too much of an issue. But within reason, what’s the best accommodation for uni of Nottingham for social life and money’s worth :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Meganlacoolest
Luckily I am a Welsh student, therefore money isn’t too much of an issue. But within reason, what’s the best accommodation for uni of Nottingham for social life and money’s worth :smile:

Their isn’t a best option for social life.

I think the catered uni park halls are very good as going for meals every day provides a social opportunity.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Hey,

I am a third year student at the Uni of Nottingham.

I lived in self-catered off-campus accommodation called St. peters court in my first year.
I personally liked being off campus as I had a distinction between home and Uni life. I also liked being able to cook with everyone in the evening but from what my friends in halls have said they would get a similar experience with going for meals at the same time with everyone.
I liked being a bit closer to the city as it was a lot easier to get in and out from a night out or any social event.
The only downside was that most people do live on campus so sometimes would have to go there for an event etc however this wasn't a problem for me.

I would have a look at the universities accommodation page linked below and the off-campus accommodations too and see what features are most important to you and base your decision off that.
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/options/
https://www.unitestudents.com/nottingham

If you have any questions, let me know,
Emily :smile:

I just thought I'd give a different insight to what @EmilyClarke24 made, but do use the links she gave as this gives a great overview of all the accommodation types!

I lived on campus in ensuite accommodation in 1st year, in Cavendish hall. Although having an ensuite was a luxury because I was hesitant about sharing a bathroom with strangers, I feel like I could have saved that bit of money by doing shared because no one I met had a bad experience with it. So if you're talking value for money, ensuite might not be the one.
I did however love being on campus. I was close to everything and everyone, and although the city was a tram journey away, we all got the tram together so it was a nice bonding experience! Therefore socially, all on campus accommodations are great really as each hall has it's own community because you eat meals together everyday and can laugh about how one meal is hated by one half of your friend group and loved by the other!
The social life of notts comes with the people you share accommodation with, not the hall itself. And luckily all accommodations are packed with 1st years giving you all something in common, and interests to share. That's the social part.

Let me know if you have any extra questions on that!
Laila
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending