The Student Room Group

Girlfriend wants to leave

So she got pissed off at me because I don’t compliment her enough? And when I say pissed as in she don’t wanna speak to me at all she says she’s heartbroken and she’s had enough and wants to leave. I said I was sorry so much and explained how beautiful she is, she accepted the apology but still clearly doesn’t wanna speak to me and I have to make it up for her. What should I do ?

Scroll to see replies

No fr tho I need suggestions on what to do
Sorry you got a trolling response :frown:

Have you spoken to her about why she felt that way and tried to explore the situation with her? It sounds like she might be more deeply unhappy and you guys need to have a conversation.
Alternatively, this does potentially sound like she's creating 'drama' and if it is a pattern of behaviour it might start to get concerning.
Original post by becausethenight
Sorry you got a trolling response :frown:

Have you spoken to her about why she felt that way and tried to explore the situation with her? It sounds like she might be more deeply unhappy and you guys need to have a conversation.
Alternatively, this does potentially sound like she's creating 'drama' and if it is a pattern of behaviour it might start to get concerning.

Yeah we did have a conversation We talked about it and I expressed how sorry I was but she was still clearly mad so what should I do now
Reply 4
Original post by FreshPrince102
So she got pissed off at me because I don’t compliment her enough? And when I say pissed as in she don’t wanna speak to me at all she says she’s heartbroken and she’s had enough and wants to leave. I said I was sorry so much and explained how beautiful she is, she accepted the apology but still clearly doesn’t wanna speak to me and I have to make it up for her. What should I do ?

How long have you been together and how old are you.How long have you not been speaking for?How do you usually get on?
If you really do care about her a lot and want to make things work, try the following things. When my ex bf used to do them, it used to make me feel really happy and loved:

1. Message her randomly in the middle of the day telling her you've been thinking about her
2. Make plans with her, for the future - it could be near future as in going for a movie in a few weeks, or something a bit more further away like wanting to travel to some place with her some point in your life
3. Tell her you were thinking about small details from the past - like the dress/top she was wearing when you first met her, or your first impressions or something cute like that
4. Apologize again. Tell her that you've been thinking about your last argument and you're really sorry about how she felt, and that you realise you've been taking her for granted, and she's really beautiful inside and out.

Also it sounds a little bit like she's being a bit too dramatic since you've already apologized. So, only do the things I suggested above if you really care about her and you think that its worth trying for long term. Communication is the key, maybe she was going through something else which is why she felt so heartbroken.
Original post by Scotney
How long have you been together and how old are you.How long have you not been speaking for?How do you usually get on?

About 6 months, I’m 18 she’s 17
Yeah we did have a conversation We talked about it and I expressed how sorry I was but she was still clearly mad so what should I do now

Well, how do you think that conversation went?
Do you think what she was saying was reasonable and that you have a good idea of what’s actually been going in with her?

If you’ve apologised and she’s still upset and not constructively moving to a solution with you, there’s only so much you can do one sidedly.
Original post by Alaska_Bear_25
If you really do care about her a lot and want to make things work, try the following things. When my ex bf used to do them, it used to make me feel really happy and loved:

1. Message her randomly in the middle of the day telling her you've been thinking about her
2. Make plans with her, for the future - it could be near future as in going for a movie in a few weeks, or something a bit more further away like wanting to travel to some place with her some point in your life
3. Tell her you were thinking about small details from the past - like the dress/top she was wearing when you first met her, or your first impressions or something cute like that
4. Apologize again. Tell her that you've been thinking about your last argument and you're really sorry about how she felt, and that you realise you've been taking her for granted, and she's really beautiful inside and out.

Also it sounds a little bit like she's being a bit too dramatic since you've already apologized. So, only do the things I suggested above if you really care about her and you think that its worth trying for long term. Communication is the key, maybe she was going through something else which is why she felt so heartbroken.

I didn’t even argue lol. So it would be best to apologise again? And thanks for that
Original post by becausethenight
Well, how do you think that conversation went?
Do you think what she was saying was reasonable and that you have a good idea of what’s actually been going in with her?

If you’ve apologised and she’s still upset and not constructively moving to a solution with you, there’s only so much you can do one sidedly.

Yeah cos we were fine she would’ve told me if there’s something else significant going on.
Yeah cos we were fine she would’ve told me if there’s something else significant going on.

Then you maybe need to have another chat and explain that you're not a mind-reader and don't know what else she's expecting you to do!

well, at least you acknowledge your mistake. girls are beings that want to feel good about themselves. You have to do things that will make her feel good and feel appreciated. This can come in form of compliments or even getting her gifts that she loves.
I didn’t even argue lol. So it would be best to apologise again? And thanks for that

Your welcome lol. Yea I guess she's either being too dramatic, or she just had something else on her mind and took it out on you low key.
Talking to her about it again might help like almost everyone here has said
Your thread caught my eye cause the x i was referring to, his name is Prince... and your username is pretty similar, and I'm 17, he's 18, so i just freaked 😂🤦*♀️
I’ve seen somewhere that I should do a no contact period. So agree to not contact her for a certain amount of time would this be a good idea or no and if so how long?
she's being childish, ignore her until she reaches out to you and apologises for embarrassing behaviour
Original post by Anonymous
she's being childish, ignore her until she reaches out to you and apologises for embarrassing behaviour

Isn’t that just gonna make it worse it tho because she genuinely expressed how sad I made her feel so I would feel kinda bad doing that
And how do I prove to her that I’m worthy of speaking to her again
You don't have to prove anything.

You have already apologised and you said you didn't argue.

If she can't accept your apology and is being childish, then that's on her.

Don't chase her. If she keeps being immature, then she just isn't worth it.
I’ve seen somewhere that I should do a no contact period. So agree to not contact her for a certain amount of time would this be a good idea or no and if so how long?

I'm not sure that would really help solve the issue of her not communicating with you?
And how do I prove to her that I’m worthy of speaking to her again

it sounds like she feels a bit underappreciated or invisible in the relationship and may need validation from you. So apologising isn't about you didn't compliment her enough, you could tell her you understand the bigger picture of not feeling like you admire her much etc

i had something mildly similar when i was in a relationship with a narcissist, for obvious reasons i felt invisible and he would just give me a bunch of compliments, short term it worked but i stopped believing them anyway cause he never realised the deeper issue or acknowledged that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending