The Student Room Group

Unfair Cifas mark

I have just found out I have a cifas mark placed on me about 3 years ago Long story short a guy I was staying with made an account in my name for fraudulent purposes what can I do about this
Original post by Anonymous
I have just found out I have a cifas mark placed on me about 3 years ago Long story short a guy I was staying with made an account in my name for fraudulent purposes what can I do about this

Not much, if the information is accurate the Cifas entry will remain.

What type of entry is it? If it's a category 2 'victim of impersonation' marker, then it will stay on your file for 13 months. Other marks stay for longer, up to six years.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
Not much, if the information is accurate the Cifas entry will remain.

What type of entry is it? If it's a category 2 'victim of impersonation' marker, then it will stay on your file for 13 months. Other marks stay for longer, up to six years.

The only incorrect information on the application was that it said male however I’m a female & it’s Misuse of facility
Reply 3
I had no idea about it so i couldn’t have possibly allowed it to happen
The only incorrect information on the application was that it said male however I’m a female & it’s Misuse of facility

In that case the mark will remain for six years.

The bank has reason to believe that the account or facility was obtained with the deliberate intent of using it for a fraudulent purpose. If the factual basis for this is correct, then the bank will not remove the entry.
Reply 5
Maybe what I wrote isn’t clear enough A guy I was staying with as in living with we have a child together , I have my own bank account I couldn’t have checked where the money was coming from because i didn’t know about the account after I made the SAR I went to a branch to see what could be done but they said all they could do was give me a statement
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
In that case the mark will remain for six years.

The bank has reason to believe that the account or facility was obtained with the deliberate intent of using it for a fraudulent purpose. If the factual basis for this is correct, then the bank will not remove the entry.

That’s right it was , however not by me
Reply 7
That’s right it was , however not by me

As far as the bank is concerned, it was you. Frankly, I'm not buying your story.

If you're going to commit a crime then you must be prepared to do the time.
If you're sure who stole your stuff and carried out the fraud against you have you reported this to the police?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending