The Student Room Group

Swimming club

What is it like swimming in university? How are you enjoying it so far. I am curious as someone who is afraid of the waters but is willing to try his best at the sport
Original post by Anonymous
What is it like swimming in university? How are you enjoying it so far. I am curious as someone who is afraid of the waters but is willing to try his best at the sport

Hi anonymous! University is a fantastic time to try something new, whether it's something you've always wanted to try or a fear that you want to overcome.

Typically, each society/club will have things for both beginners and those who want to compete. The coaches at the swimming society/club will be more than willing to work with you and help!

Take care!
~ Mikael, UoP Student Rep :h:
Reply 2
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi anonymous! University is a fantastic time to try something new, whether it's something you've always wanted to try or a fear that you want to overcome.

Typically, each society/club will have things for both beginners and those who want to compete. The coaches at the swimming society/club will be more than willing to work with you and help!

Take care!
~ Mikael, UoP Student Rep :h:

Thank you for the response. This makes more excited to do something I never liked😂
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the response. This makes more excited to do something I never liked😂

No worries! When you go to university, keep an eye out for taster events where you can go to a one-off taster session and see if you're interested in that club/society without committing. You can potentially even go to a few different taster sessions in one week and choose the one(s) that are best for you!

Have fun!
~ Mikael, UoP Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending