The Student Room Group

Are they suppose to make me feel guilty?

My family is having some money issues and would not let me get a summer job to help out, then when it got worse, they started making me regret ever-existing and blaming everything on me!!!
Original post by Anonymous
My family is having some money issues and would not let me get a summer job to help out, then when it got worse, they started making me regret ever-existing and blaming everything on me!!!

low vibrational people usually tend to blame other for their mistakes. Learn from your family, get a job aim high , save and never end up in the situation they are in. good luck

Mate dont go answering back just stay quiet and work hard in your job don't go arguing and causing bigger problems .And why does your family not allow you to get a summer job, surely that brings money so I don't see the problem and why it goes against your family.
Reply 3
Original post by earthgirl86
low vibrational people usually tend to blame other for their mistakes. Learn from your family, get a job aim high , save and never end up in the situation they are in. good luck

thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it
Reply 4
Original post by JosephJ1234
Mate dont go answering back just stay quiet and work hard in your job don't go arguing and causing bigger problems .And why does your family not allow you to get a summer job, surely that brings money so I don't see the problem and why it goes against your family.

I am actually a student in uni,3rd year....I try not to argue but it always turns back against me and makes me depressed.....I asked them why they wouldn't let me get a job and they said they didn't want 'people' eg. family friends and others to talk smh.....because I am likely to get a job as a waiter or sales
I think you should get a job. If you have to be the only smart and reasonable one, so be it.
thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it

your very welcome, life as im sure you know by now it a learning curve. We lean and (hopefully ) grow from each experience wether good or bad :smile:
no one who actually loves you would ever make you feel like you should never been born
Reply 8
Original post by School'sPunchBag
I think you should get a job. If you have to be the only smart and reasonable one, so be it.

i wish it was that easy, they aren't letting me get the job, ceasing my phone and laptop and stuff
Reply 9
Original post by earthgirl86
your very welcome, life as im sure you know by now it a learning curve. We lean and (hopefully ) grow from each experience wether good or bad :smile:

very true
Original post by Moonlight rain
no one who actually loves you would ever make you feel like you should never been born

i think about that everyday but it doesn't seem to affect them,they prefer i stay depressed
I am actually a student in uni,3rd year....I try not to argue but it always turns back against me and makes me depressed.....I asked them why they wouldn't let me get a job and they said they didn't want 'people' eg. family friends and others to talk smh.....because I am likely to get a job as a waiter or sales

So your family doesn't want you to get a job because they don't want friends talking about your job as a waiter or sales am i right or did i just read it completely wrong .Anyway if this is the case, everybody's part time/summer job is normally a waiter or Sainsburys cashier so i don't understand why the friends and family gonna make fun of your family because its normal for a university student to work as these type of things for some extra money u know what im saying.
Original post by JosephJ1234
So your family doesn't want you to get a job because they don't want friends talking about your job as a waiter or sales am i right or did i just read it completely wrong .Anyway if this is the case, everybody's part time/summer job is normally a waiter or Sainsburys cashier so i don't understand why the friends and family gonna make fun of your family because its normal for a university student to work as these type of things for some extra money u know what im saying.

you got it exactly right! and i agree,most college students do those types of job during the summer....i think my parents are just full of themselves and care way too much about what others think

I'll be honest. Summer jobs dont pay a lot of money, you might as well stay at home and study for your exams or something like that
plus if you get a job, your universal credit or benefits might get cut

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending