The Student Room Group

How to reapply ucas? (international student)

I applied for law this year through UCAS and narrowly missed the conditions of both my firm choice and insurance choice. Therefore, I would like to ask about how to reapply ucas.

The situation is:
1. I have a public examination transcript but for certain subjects, I performed badly. Therefore, I will be retaking some subjects next year to meet the entry requirements of UK law school.

2. I will be admitted into law school in Hong Kong and I will be studying there for a year. However, I am determined to study for a law degree in the UK so probably I will drop out once I have an unconditional offer.

Given the above circumstances, what will be the process of reapplying ucas? Will any top law schools accept applicants resitting their exams? Should I mention my situation in the personal statement?
Have the U.K schools actually refused you yet? If you only narrowly missed the grades they may maintain the offer, especially if U.K students don't get the required grades in August. If not you could always try clearing through UCAS this year, although if the schools you are interested in don't accept your grades now it's highly unlikely that the same schools will take you through clearing. So if you want to use clearing I'd advise trying other universities.
To know if the schools that interest you accept retakes you'll have to look at each school's admissions statements or call them. As for putting it on your P.S it all depends on how you word it.
Original post by Nobody2u
Have the U.K schools actually refused you yet? If you only narrowly missed the grades they may maintain the offer, especially if U.K students don't get the required grades in August. If not you could always try clearing through UCAS this year, although if the schools you are interested in don't accept your grades now it's highly unlikely that the same schools will take you through clearing. So if you want to use clearing I'd advise trying other universities.

Virtually both schools placed me on hold and will respond by August. However, it is unlikely that KCL/Durham will still have spaces left. Do you have any school recommended for clearing? Anyways, thanks for your information!
Try Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. All good schools and generally well noted in world rankings, although I'm not an expert on rankings for Law. You'll have to check that out yourself. Good luck.
Original post by Nobody2u
Try Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. All good schools and generally well noted in world rankings, although I'm not an expert on rankings for Law. You'll have to check that out yourself. Good luck.

Thank you for your blessing! but by far Manchester/Nottingham and Bristol don't have spaces left. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending