The Student Room Group

Why does no one appreciate my honesty

I’ve been seeing this girl 7 months and we never got in a relationship because I didn’t feel it with her, I love her company, love her as a person, but I don’t see us going anywhere, I met this girl and fell for her almost instantly, she’s gorgeous and her personality is literally same as mine, I’ve told this girl I was seeing, 2 months prior to meeting this new girl I made it obvious I didn’t want her, and I’ve told her about the new girl and she took it well but now she’s asking if she’s not good enough, she still wants to sleep with me, she wants to try again, but I’ve got to be honest and told her no I’m sorry it won’t work, and I think we’re better as mates, she’s making me feel guilty but I won’t do fake, and I won’t lie to her, even if it upsets her I have to tell her the truth, she dosent appreciate that
I think u did good by being honest
See if u don’t have any feelings towards her then that’s fine and u have every right to make that decision xx
I think it’s better to tell the truth cuz in the end if someone lies ppls feelings get hurt
I don’t understand why she would make u feel guilty, ur doing the right thing tho
No one takes rejection lightly. Give her time - she'll get over it
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I think u did good by being honest
See if u don’t have any feelings towards her then that’s fine and u have every right to make that decision xx
I think it’s better to tell the truth cuz in the end if someone lies ppls feelings get hurt
I don’t understand why she would make u feel guilty, ur doing the right thing tho

I know just not a lot of people appreciate the honesty it’s quite sad but we get along so good I’m just not attracted to her anymore
Reply 4
Original post by righteousx
No one takes rejection lightly. Give her time - she'll get over it

I said that, I said I’m upset your upset but you’ll have to get over it
It's not a question of honesty, it's a case of being a good friend to her.

As a good friend you should tell her that you don't want to get sexually involved with her. And that she is a great person. That she will make a great girlfriend, wife, mother one day. With another man. That is more compatible with her than you.

And that you will support her in her journey to get what she wants romantically in life.

And then go ahead and do what you say you will do. IE support her.
This title attracted me. I also feel lonely about being the only truly honest one to all my relationships. But I believe even there is few people believe in honesty, out there must be someone think and act like me.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
This title attracted me. I also feel lonely about being the only truly honest one to all my relationships. But I believe even there is few people believe in honesty, out there must be someone think and act like me.

The thing is I never used to care I hold my hands up to cheating before and that was when I was 17 with someone and I don’t know why I did it not would I ever do that again, I’m just not the same person I don’t like fake, or forced I’d rather be alone tbh
Original post by Anton985
I’ve been seeing this girl 7 months and we never got in a relationship because I didn’t feel it with her, I love her company, love her as a person, but I don’t see us going anywhere, I met this girl and fell for her almost instantly, she’s gorgeous and her personality is literally same as mine, I’ve told this girl I was seeing, 2 months prior to meeting this new girl I made it obvious I didn’t want her, and I’ve told her about the new girl and she took it well but now she’s asking if she’s not good enough, she still wants to sleep with me, she wants to try again, but I’ve got to be honest and told her no I’m sorry it won’t work, and I think we’re better as mates, she’s making me feel guilty but I won’t do fake, and I won’t lie to her, even if it upsets her I have to tell her the truth, she dosent appreciate that

because people are used to being told only what they want to hear.

This is how you have delusional people who think they can sing when they sound like bunch of cats being strangled. None of their friends or family have the balls to be honest, sit the person down and tell them that a career as a singer is not for them.
Reply 9
I think in this scenario honesty is the best policy. if you think about what would happen if you weren't honest im sure the outcome would be much worse and you probably wouldn't be able to be friends after. I think give her space for a little while so she can figure things out and then come back with the strictly friends approach
Reply 10
Original post by mynjas28
I think in this scenario honesty is the best policy. if you think about what would happen if you weren't honest im sure the outcome would be much worse and you probably wouldn't be able to be friends after. I think give her space for a little while so she can figure things out and then come back with the strictly friends approach

I appreciate that :smile: yes exactly your right
Reply 11
Original post by Stumpy1001
because people are used to being told only what they want to hear.

This is how you have delusional people who think they can sing when they sound like bunch of cats being strangled. None of their friends or family have the balls to be honest, sit the person down and tell them that a career as a singer is not for them.

Exaclty I gotta be truthful about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending