The Student Room Group

Why is she starting to pull away?

I have been talking to this girl for around 3 weeks. Everything has been amazing, we vibe talk all the time. Nothing has happened and suddenly she has started to pull away. She would always reply to my insta stories and now she only views them. She would call me every night, last night she didn't.

I looked it up and watched a few videos and apparently she might be testing me? Girls do this to see if I put her on a "peddlestool" and want a confident guy, is this right.
It's literally just been last night she didn't call you. Relax. Anything could've happened... And I thought I was impatient
(edited 2 years ago)
She has a life too, her life doesn't revolve around you, humble yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by Moonlight rain
It's literally just been last night she didn't call you. Relax. Anything could've happened... And I thought I was impatient

You're right, I just have a huge overthinking problem and it's like when someone's behaviour changes I notice immediately. It's probably nothing hopefully
Reply 4
Original post by righteousx
She has a life too, her life doesn't revolve around you, humble yourself.

You're right, hopefully everything is okay
Original post by Anonymous
I have been talking to this girl for around 3 weeks. Everything has been amazing, we vibe talk all the time. Nothing has happened and suddenly she has started to pull away. She would always reply to my insta stories and now she only views them. She would call me every night, last night she didn't.

I looked it up and watched a few videos and apparently she might be testing me? Girls do this to see if I put her on a "peddlestool" and want a confident guy, is this right.

I did this once, I was beginning talking to this guy and we talked all the time, but then I wondered and realized I always initiated conversation, so I went silent to see if actually cares, and he does and we’re still quite tight.
His problem was that he was too shy, and I actually never gave him a chance to start🙈
So maybe she’s testing you too. Are you initiating conversation, or is it just her?
Reply 6
I did this once, I was beginning talking to this guy and we talked all the time, but then I wondered and realized I always initiated conversation, so I went silent to see if actually cares, and he does and we’re still quite tight.
His problem was that he was too shy, and I actually never gave him a chance to start🙈
So maybe she’s testing you too. Are you initiating conversation, or is it just her?

So it's 50/50

To be honest she always calls me at night, and she would.always reply to my stories. I reply to hers too and send her memes.

I think she maybe testing me for now, I'll give it a few days and see how it goes
So it's 50/50

To be honest she always calls me at night, and she would.always reply to my stories. I reply to hers too and send her memes.

I think she maybe testing me for now, I'll give it a few days and see how it goes

Likely scenario, yes she’s testing you, I’ve done it, I know other girls who’ve done it.

why not just check up on her?
I’ve done that in the past, when things go quiet and I want to know what’s happening but also want to seem super casual about it.
My go to would be, hey stranger, where are you hiding?, or just how are you!

she could be busy, but telling you that shouldn’t take long.
Maybe she just wants space from it all.. I mean it’s been 3 weeks which is more than enough time to know someone to decide if she wants to stay or not.

It could be the beginning of the end for all you know. Definitely try getting a general discussion on where you both stand with each other.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Likely scenario, yes she’s testing you, I’ve done it, I know other girls who’ve done it.

why not just check up on her?
I’ve done that in the past, when things go quiet and I want to know what’s happening but also want to seem super casual about it.
My go to would be, hey stranger, where are you hiding?, or just how are you!

she could be busy, but telling you that shouldn’t take long.

I think I'll give it a few days, again we have no loyalties towards each other so I'll see what happens
I think I'll give it a few days, again we have no loyalties towards each other so I'll see what happens

Yeah just see how it goes, you never know, she might approach you.
good luck
Might've genuinely been busy, could be having some kind of personal/family problems she doesn't want to share or could be getting bored. Routine and overfamiliarity kill attraction. Leave it to her to initiate contact and if she never does, there's your answer.
Original post by whoisjohngalt?
Might've genuinely been busy, could be having some kind of personal/family problems she doesn't want to share or could be getting bored. Routine and overfamiliarity kill attraction. Leave it to her to initiate contact and if she never does, there's your answer.

Sounds good thank you
Original post by username5777717

So as an update, she did end up calling me. Actually like 50 times yesterday lool. I guess she was just busy, I need to learn to stop overthinking

Because she's bored. Stop texting all the time and set some ****ing dates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending