Gcse maths

Higher and further maths
Original post by Acallanan
Higher and further maths

?? What's your question
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
?? What's your question

Whether or not you have to have completed higher maths gcse to take further maths gcse or if you can just skip to further maths gcse
Whether or not you have to have completed higher maths gcse to take further maths gcse or if you can just skip to further maths gcse

Pretty sure it depends on your school whether you do further maths GCSE or not.
Reply 4
Original post by cleveranimal56
Pretty sure it depends on your school whether you do further maths GCSE or not.

I am doing the higher maths course, taking the exam in yr 10 and then further maths taking the exam in year 11 and I was wondering if I need to take the higher maths exam in order to be able to take the further maths exam

You HAVE to take Maths GCSE - that is required by universites and sixth froms.

Level 2 [it's not a GCSE] Further Maths is an additional qualification which some schools offer - it's not advisable to tke it - you need to aim for 9s in GCSE MAths and your other GCSEs.
I am doing the higher maths course, taking the exam in yr 10 and then further maths taking the exam in year 11 and I was wondering if I need to take the higher maths exam in order to be able to take the further maths exam

YES you MUST take GCSE Maths - Further Maths level 2 is not needed at all.
Reply 7
You HAVE to take Maths GCSE - that is required by universites and sixth froms.

Level 2 [it's not a GCSE] Further Maths is an additional qualification which some schools offer - it's not advisable to tke it - you need to aim for 9s in GCSE MAths and your other GCSEs.

Thank you very much,

why is it not advisable to take further maths as I will have completed higher maths by the end of year 10
Reply 8
YES you MUST take GCSE Maths - Further Maths level 2 is not needed at all.

Thank you , are there any pros of taking further maths
Thank you , are there any pros of taking further maths

I don't think there are - I teach Maths and we focus on getting as many 9s as possible and enrich the curriculum in other ways. Universities like to see ALL GCEs taken together and taking level 2 FMaths takes time away from your other GCSEs which are far more important.
Reply 10
thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest