The Student Room Group

Guys, if you stared at a girl like this what would you be thinking?

I'm walking home and my neighbour comes out to get to the trunk of his car and then stops to touch his hair, thats when he notices someone walking by and turns around to look at me. So when he looks he almost smiles but not really. Its kind of like a corner smile that you can't really say is an actual smile.

He looks at my face and then down to my body, like head to toe. By now he's fully turned around facing me. At this point I get shy and look away to my left, he carries on staring for about 5 seconds until he finally turns around and gets back to what he was doing.

What would you be thinking?

I dont think im attractive, and this guy has known me since I was 5 but we don't talk anymore at all because his mum doesn't like us lol

Quick Disclaimer: I dont mean to be that girl who asks these types of questions "what does it mean if a guy stares at you?" etc. Its very cringe, I know. But I do want answers lol. Sorry for being pathetic

Scroll to see replies

Probably means nothing. Don't overthink it.
Nothing it's not a big deal lool
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Nothing it's not a big deal lool

No one said it was a big deal mate
Original post by Qxi.xli
Probably means nothing. Don't overthink it.

Please do not crush dreams, it is a 50/50% kind of scenario
No one said it was a big deal mate

Why u posting about it then ok a person looked at u big deal
Reply 6
Why u posting about it then ok a person looked at u big deal

You're the one making a big deal about it by claiming im making a big deal about it. Nice try though Anon.
Please do not crush dreams, it is a 50/50% kind of scenario

I'm not crushing anyone's dreams. She mentioned that he's known her "since she was about 5", so I'm assuming he's an old man now.
Reply 8
Original post by Qxi.xli
I'm not crushing anyone's dreams. She mentioned that he's known her "since she was about 5", so I'm assuming he's an old man now.

No.. he's 22. I'm 18
You're the one making a big deal about it by claiming im making a big deal about it. Nice try though Anon.

You're anon urself :confused: you probably wanna hear people say he likes u or something but if u have a crush on him u should just approach him and start flirting that's the only way u will know
You're anon urself :confused: you probably wanna hear people say he likes u or something but if u have a crush on him u should just approach him and start flirting that's the only way u will know

I'm not Anon acting big headed. There's a difference dude.

I dont even like him, maybe a mini crush. But he's not my usual type, and I'm only asking out of curiosity
Can't make conclusions from this alone, if he continues doing this, he's probably attracted to you. A guy shouldn't stare, it's fairly creepy.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by urlocalinmate
Can't make conclusions from this alone, if he continues doing this, he's probably attracted to you. A guy shouldn't stare, it's fairly creepy.

He does stare everytime, but this one was a bit dramatic tbh. Thats why I'm asking about it. I figured he only stares because we used to talk as kids sometimes and we know each other. I never thought much else of it before
Original post by urlocalinmate

BTW you're super cool. One if the good guys on tsr for sure.
No.. he's 22. I'm 18

Lool you needed to mention that.
I think in general guys stare a lot. It could mean he likes you, or it could mean nothing.
Original post by Qxi.xli
I think in general guys stare a lot. It could mean he likes you, or it could mean nothing.

Well yeah, you assumed he was an old man. Ew lol
Original post by Qxi.xli

Indeed, I agree with @Qxi.xli it is a fifty-fifty likeliness
Indeed, I agree with @Qxi.xli it is a fifty-fifty likeliness

Yeah, I guess I agree as well
He does stare everytime, but this one was a bit dramatic tbh. Thats why I'm asking about it. I figured he only stares because we used to talk as kids sometimes and we know each other. I never thought much else of it before

Yeah, it's a bit odd. Maybe he misses the times when talking to you was normal, we change a lot from childhood though. When guys look from head-to-toe they're either admiring your appearance or surprised at how much you've grown.

Thanks for the compliment, I'll save it into my mental shed :smile:
He’s probably looking at you like that out of surprise.

Especially if you creeped up behind him like that, it’s a pretty natural response.
I wouldn’t say it’s anything to do with you being attractive.

It’s just respectful to face the person and see if they want to talk to you or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending