The Student Room Group

Is the Kickstart Scheme a scam?

like the job centre would never give you full time jobs, it will always be part time, and this kickstart scheme forces those on universal credit to do any job with any company for 25 hours per week and some even claim that they earn the same amount of money that they would get on benefits for 4-5 months and the company would decide to give you the job after the trial or not and if not you go straight back to the job centre.
Reply 1
What's stopping you from finding a full-time job that you want?

On Kickstart you're going to be getting the National Minimum or Living Wage, but it's also about experience, discipline and responsibility.
Original post by Anonymous
like the job centre would never give you full time jobs, it will always be part time, and this kickstart scheme forces those on universal credit to do any job with any company for 25 hours per week and some even claim that they earn the same amount of money that they would get on benefits for 4-5 months and the company would decide to give you the job after the trial or not and if not you go straight back to the job centre.

Seems to be. I'm told I have to give up a two hour side job for Kickstart which is only 25 hours. And some people were informed about jobs months before me.

Quick Reply

Latest