The Student Room Group

what are ways to become more feminine?

what are habits to develop to become more feminine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do you want to become more feminine?

There's nothing wrong with just being yourself, even if that is tomboyish.
Yep I am a tomboy. I do sone girly stuff like wear nail polish. But It’s dark blue or green.

Gave up wearing skirts or dresses for formal stuff years ago. Nice trousers suit is acceptable now for women. Tights are just hassle! I just want to be comfortable.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Why do you want to become more feminine?

There's nothing wrong with just being yourself, even if that is tomboyish.

oh..I know that lol, but I'm not really a tomboy, I am just getting more mature and feel the sudden need to be more graceful and feminine
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine1973
Yep I am a tomboy. I do sone girly stuff like wear nail polish. But It’s dark blue or green.

Gave up wearing skirts or dresses for formal stuff years ago. Nice trousers suit is acceptable now for women. Tights are just hassle! I just want to be comfortable.

Go Gurlll do you <3 <3
Original post by lalalandoo
what are habits to develop to become more feminine?

Some suggestions (just an opinion):
1. The way you dress is important
2. dont be combative or aggressive esp in public
3. Be submissive to your husband
4. learn how to cook, clean and take care of yourself
5. take yourself to a spa or beauty salon regularly like once a month.
6. Take care of your hygiene. Important to becoming more feminine is proper hygiene
7. Dress in a girly style.
8. Look natural and happy
9. Try “feminine” hairstyles
10. Dress modestly
11. Practice proper posture.
12. Don't be promiscuous.
13. Cultivate good manners.
14. Speak like a lady.

Good luck
Reply 6
Girlier fashion sense, good hygiene, make up, longer hair styles. Also more soft spoken and gentle.

The whole submitting to your husband thing is just cringe. You can still be feminine without going back to the patriarchal 1950s ☺️
Reply 7
Original post by lalalandoo
oh..I know that lol, but I'm not really a tomboy, I am just getting more mature and feel the sudden need to be more graceful and feminine

More mature? How old are you?

I bet I am way older than you, and I'm still a tomboy. Wear trackies and hoodies, go to football matches, watch Formula 1, and if there's a tree, climbing frame or something to scramble up, I'm there!
Reply 8
Original post by Wired_1800
6. Take care of your hygiene. Important to becoming more feminine is proper hygiene
10. Dress modestly
14. Speak like a lady.

Good luck

The 1950s called, they want their advice back!

OP wants to be more feminine, not a doormat.
Reply 9
Wear skirts and dresses. Get a girly hand bag and put all your stuff in it. Get a pink cover for your phone or one with kittens on it or something. Grow your hair long. Paint your nails and wear makeup, maybe put a flower in your hair. Act submissive, say yes straight away when a guy you like asks you out and let him plan the entire date and agree to whatever he plans for your evening out, don't pay for anything. Giggle and blush a lot. Burst into tears whenever someone is mean, hoping for comfort. Learn how to cook and invite your date around for a meal that you cook. That's off the top of my head lol.
10. Dress modestly
14. Speak like a lady.

Good luck

You must be trolling.
10. Dress modestly
14. Speak like a lady.

Good luck

Be submissive to your husband? Sounds like the fastest way to ruin a potentially healthy relationship. Unless you like doing that anyway, in which case go ahead. But please please please don't assume that being a female implies doing whatever your husband wants.

Anyway, I agree with all the rest. Mostly
(edited 2 years ago)
10. Dress modestly
14. Speak like a lady.

Good luck

thank youu
Original post by TFEU
Girlier fashion sense, good hygiene, make up, longer hair styles. Also more soft spoken and gentle.

The whole submitting to your husband thing is just cringe. You can still be feminine without going back to the patriarchal 1950s ☺️

I agree!!! lol...i mean I would respect and communicate but SUBMISSIVE?!?! hell naww
Original post by Surnia
More mature? How old are you?

I bet I am way older than you, and I'm still a tomboy. Wear trackies and hoodies, go to football matches, watch Formula 1, and if there's a tree, climbing frame or something to scramble up, I'm there!

yess lol...i am 20 years old...and i also do those things but I wanna do them while being feminine ya know?
Original post by Scrax
Wear skirts and dresses. Get a girly hand bag and put all your stuff in it. Get a pink cover for your phone or one with kittens on it or something. Grow your hair long. Paint your nails and wear makeup, maybe put a flower in your hair. Act submissive, say yes straight away when a guy you like asks you out and let him plan the entire date and agree to whatever he plans for your evening out, don't pay for anything. Giggle and blush a lot. Burst into tears whenever someone is mean, hoping for comfort. Learn how to cook and invite your date around for a meal that you cook. That's off the top of my head lol.

thank youuu but not submissive though
Original post by Catherine1973

I thought many women love the variety of their fashion.
Original post by Aris Mercier
Be submissive to your husband? Sounds like the fastest way to ruin a potentially healthy relationship. Unless you like doing that anyway, in which case go ahead. But please please please don't assume that being a female implies doing whatever your husband wants.

THIS RIGHT HERE!!! and i feel like if guys MAY not want their wives to be submissive if she's feminine,They become more calm and understanding....being submissive is being walked-over imo
Original post by Aris Mercier

Submission is a choice and not to be forced. It is dependent on the woman.
Original post by YaliaV123
You must be trolling.

I don't troll.

Quick Reply

Latest