The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Clearing

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask if there is anyone currently studying at uob who went through the clearing process and got in, preferably doing a law llb. Any idea how difficult uob clearing is compared to other uni's like aston for example. Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask if there is anyone currently studying at uob who went through the clearing process and got in, preferably doing a law llb. Any idea how difficult uob clearing is compared to other uni's like aston for example. Thanks.

Hi,

Some of my coursemates went through University of Birmingham clearing after their grades were not high enough and they encountered no problems at all so I would infer from that it is pretty standard.

Additionally, whilst Unis have "placeholder" grades they do not overly care about the EXACT grades simply because: Firstly you give them money (somewhat cynical but it is true lol) and secondly if your personal statement is captivating, and your interests unique they'll want you!

Hope this helps!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by TSB1712
Hi,

Some of my coursemates went through University of Birmingham clearing after their grades were not high enough and they encountered no problems at all so I would infer from that it is pretty standard.

Additionally, whilst Unis have "placeholder" grades they do not overly care about the EXACT grades simply because: Firstly you give them money (somewhat cynical but it is true lol) and secondly if your personal statement is captivating, and your interests unique they'll want you!

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your response, it helped a lot. So on clearing day, when i ring up uob, i have to provide my personal statement as well ? I wasn't told this by college (as far as i can remember)
Thank you so much for your response, it helped a lot. So on clearing day, when i ring up uob, i have to provide my personal statement as well ? I wasn't told this by college (as far as i can remember)

Not necessarily, I was just saying that if your personal statement was of high quality you'll pretty much get in even if you don't fit the grade requirements (last year I was awarded BBB but my entry grades were ABB and got in through UCAS and no clearing).

But, it wouldn't hurt to utilise your personal statement to ensure your place, if needed, when on call for clearing as they seek passionate and new thinking students!

Hope this clears up what I previously wrote!

Aston is much easier to get into for the LLB compared to Birmingham. They have already announced that they have vacancies in Clearing whereas Birmingham are just asking potential applicants to register on a Clearing Hub.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7065891
Reply 5
Original post by TSB1712
Not necessarily, I was just saying that if your personal statement was of high quality you'll pretty much get in even if you don't fit the grade requirements (last year I was awarded BBB but my entry grades were ABB and got in through UCAS and no clearing).

But, it wouldn't hurt to utilise your personal statement to ensure your place, if needed, when on call for clearing as they seek passionate and new thinking students!

Hope this clears up what I previously wrote!

Thanks again ! Everything's been cleared up. My personal statement is pretty good I'd say because Aston and Coventry accepted me for the law llb straight away lol.
Reply 6

Hey so did you get in?
Reply 7
[QUOTE="Anonymous;95610719"]Thank you so much for your response, it helped a lot. So on clearing day, when i ring up uob, i have to provide my personal statement as well ? I wasn't told this by college (as far as i can remember)[/QUOTE

Did you get in?

Quick Reply

Latest