The Student Room Group

When should I move into my Uni halls?

My University room move in date is the 4th of September and my course doesn't actually start until either the 12th or the 13th. Would I be able to move in at any date between those dates? As Travelling there would be better do do in the week day rather than the weekend as train tickets are cheaper!
Original post by Sofxty
My University room move in date is the 4th of September and my course doesn't actually start until either the 12th or the 13th. Would I be able to move in at any date between those dates? As Travelling there would be better do do in the week day rather than the weekend as train tickets are cheaper!

I recommend you move in on the weekend (the 12th) since it'll give you more time to initially set up and adjust to your new accommodation. Furthermore, it'll also be cheaper.
Original post by Sofxty

Are you allowed to move in on any day other than the 4th? Can you ask to do so? Move-in days are scheduled for reasons.
Reply 3
You.. I was asking if I was able to move in any of those days.. I don't know the answer to your question because you're asking the same question as me!
Original post by Sofxty

Original post by ageshallnot
Are you allowed to move in on any day other than the 4th? Can you ask to do so? Move-in days are scheduled for reasons.

Hi both,

contact your Accommodation teams to check, certainly last year people were given slots so there were not lots of parents and students arriving at the same time. I would imagine that once your room contract starts, you can arrive any day after that, they cannot force you to arrive on a certain day. People (even students) have other commitments!

Best of luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Rep
Original post by Sofxty
You.. I was asking if I was able to move in any of those days.. I don't know the answer to your question because you're asking the same question as me!

I'm providing you with the questions to ask. Universities have their own rules. You need to ask directly.
Original post by Sofxty

Hi @Sofxty,

It depends on who owns the halls you're staying in. When I stayed in halls we could choose the day we moved in but were allocated a time slot. It might be a bit different for you, you might have to book your own time slot and have more freedom in when you move in or they may allocate you a day. I would email them to ask, but I'm sure it will be fine!

I lived in halls for second year as well, and when I moved in that time I joined a week later than my move in date due to having norovirus (:frown:). I emailed ahead and said I couldn't move in on the day I had chosen and that was completely fine.

Lucy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending