The Student Room Group

what habits did you start doing that changed your life?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

Praying and not touching my phone immediately after waking up
Reply 2
Not having a bedtime routine and not having a washing and cleaning schedule have really changed my life for the worse
Reply 3
Praying, sleeping early, and buying a water bottle with a straw. It makes you drink water more.
Coming on TSR :rofl:
Dunno for the better or worst
(edited 2 years ago)

Here are some of mine:

1. I started being as honest as possible
2. I stopped allowing people’s opinions affect me
3. I started to treat people the way I wanted to be treated
Original post by Zuzuuuu
Praying, sleeping early, and buying a water bottle with a straw. It makes you drink water more.

Praying?
Reply 7
Original post by SlaveofAll
Praying?

What's wrong with praying?
Original post by volka
What's wrong with praying?

There seems to be no way of knowing if the one you pray to will respond to it.
Waking up early, getting 8 hours of sleep, praying, exercising
Living for myself. Meaning that I started valuing my own judgement of my actions and words and stopped caring whether friends/family approve of what I do or say. Obviously I try to avoid doing things that might negatively impact on others but besides that, if I want to do something which I know somebody disapproves of but which I think it's reasonable for me to do, I'll do it anyway. Also if I want to do something or to see something happen, I do whatever I can do to make it happen by myself instead of waiting for somebody else to want to do whatever it is with me or leaning on others for support.
Reply 11
Having a to-do list and planning my entire day out (including my meals and workouts) the night before. Really alleviates a lot of the stress and keeps me more organised.

God always responds to our prayers,just at the time we need it the most
joining in with the kids in my year vaping

it gave me friends, so I suppose that's a positive?
practicing mindfulness (not mindfulness meditations, just being more aware of the present moment no judgment) and radical acceptance. They are kind of intertwined but they honestly have helped my well-being.
God always responds to our prayers,just at the time we need it the most

That doesn't seem to be self-evident.
Reply 16

Praying isn't about getting a response, it's about feeling like you are not alone and like there is someone who loves you and cares about you.
None because I cant stick to a routine/habits so yk...fun
stopped giving myself unnecessary stress, stopped overthinking and stopped caring about what other people think of me
Original post by volka
Praying isn't about getting a response, it's about feeling like you are not alone and like there is someone who loves you and cares about you.

No one can be certain if the ones we pray to exist or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending