The Student Room Group

It's time to go

I’ve made a goodbye post before but this is probably now the end. I’m a Study Helper but I don’t do that much anymore and a few things have happened recently which have made me think it’s now time to go.

I’ve been on this site for over 15 years which is a bloody long time and it’s turned me into a bit of a moaner, which is not how I am IRL! Even though I do complain a lot, I still think that this site has so much to offer and I really hope that it continues to grow and support students for many years.

I have had a negative opinion about how the site is run for the last few years and I’ve recently started to feel like the staff don’t want to hear any criticism and would prefer that users who complain would just go away. This has now been confirmed to me and I’m now starting to wonder if TSR is a suitable place for a user of my posting nature.

I still :heart: the maths forum and always will. I’ll keep PM email notifications on so if anyone wants to keep in contact feel free :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Goodbye. I don't know you personally, but you sound like an awesome guy.
Goodbye, I have seen you around a few times and you seem helpful, wish you the best of luck in years to come :hello:
Another (good) one bites the dust.

We never spoke much but I’ve always really respected you as a user.

I think everyone can feel how this site is changing. I think lots of long term users are leaving or significantly reducing activity.
Original post by Notnek
I’ve made a goodbye post before but this is probably now the end. I’m a Study Helper but I don’t do that much anymore and a few things have happened recently which have made me think it’s now time to go.

I’ve been on this site for over 15 years which is a bloody long time and it’s turned me into a bit of a moaner, which is not how I am IRL! Even though I do complain a lot, I still think that this site has so much to offer and I really hope that it continues to grow and support students for many years.

I have had a negative opinion about how the site is run for the last few years and I’ve recently started to feel like the staff don’t want to hear any criticism and would prefer that users who complain would just go away. This has now been confirmed to me and I’m now starting to wonder if TSR is a suitable place for a user of my posting nature.

I still :heart: the maths forum and always will. I’ll keep PM email notifications on so if anyone wants to keep in contact feel free :smile:

I think you must be psychic.

You have always been a superb poster - cynical, sarcastic, insightful with an absolute refusal to take anyone too seriously, including yourself. And when you see crap, you call it crap. Because that's what it is. Most of all, you have been a complete stalwart of the maths SH, and I enjoyed working with you when I was on the ST - sometimes it felt like only you seemed to understand stuff!

I really couldn't agree with this more. The exodus of members with anything meaningful to give to the site has been astounding. There is a clear direction of travel for TSR and, like you, I don't think it's for people like us.

I'll stay in touch. And you can ignore me, or tell me I'm a tit.

All the best,

RC
Oh man :cry:
So long, and thanks for all the fish :hat2:
Damn, two quality posters going within two days of each other :emo: 15 years is a VERY long time (longer than me, even :eek: ) :shakecane: and it cannot be denied that TSR is going quite rapidly downhill in terms of quality content :frown:

Best wishes for the future! :smile:
Sad to see another one of TSR's great posters feel that TSR is no longer for them :sad:
Reply 8
@BlinkyBill hope you're taking note of all this......
Original post by ANM775
@BlinkyBill hope you're taking note of all this......

I rather think that @Pink Unicorn is the person who needs tagging in.
Reply 11
Ffs another good one down
Can we please just start a new forum? With blackjack and hookers, ideally.
Take care!
Reply 14
Noooooooo
22-222212_pepe-cry-sad-mommy-milky-pepe.png

Spoiler

I was upset the first time you left TSR.

Now you’re doing it again (sob)

We had lots of lols on here.
I’m very sorry you’re leaving Notnek and hope it’s temporary. We need you at the TSR Old Age Home and across the site :cry2:

I do know what you mean about the way TSR is run though. It feels like a very hierarchical society where most people within the community are treated like they are low status, including forum helpers, volunteers, the old “answer heroes” and other regular long-standing contributors to the site.
Why did I read the title like this:
https://youtu.be/oXf6lVM6OBg
Reply 18
Double balls :frown:
Original post by Truflais
Can we please just start a new forum? With blackjack and hookers, ideally.

Even our memes are old :tongue:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply