The Student Room Group

I am sapiosexual but my intellect is average

would that be a problem?

Scroll to see replies

Not really because you’re attracted to intellect. That doesn’t mean the person you are attracted to are sapiosexual aswell
Reply 2
Original post by Learner777
Not really because you’re attracted to intellect. That doesn’t mean the person you are attracted to are sapiosexual aswell

True. Generally, what do intellects like/ are attracted to?
Original post by Anonymous
True. Generally, what do intellects like/ are attracted to?

Im not really sure it depends on the person but if the person is able to have an intellectual discussion rather than an emotional discussion maybe that’s what they’re attracted to.
would that be a problem?

If the other side is sapiosexual then yes it would be a problem. If not then you will be ok.
(edited 2 years ago)
would that be a problem?

I am the opposite. Very intelligent and attracted usually to non-intelligent girls for a night out, an one-night stand, and for casual relationships. For longer and most serious relationships that I am avoiding I need some form of communication and intellect. Difficult to find females with great brains in our times. It's rare...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lucifer323
I am the opposite. Very intelligent and attracted usually to non-intelligent girls for a night out, an one-night stand, and for casual relationships. For longer and most serious relationships that I am avoiding I need some form of communication and intellect. Difficult to find females with great brains in our times. It's rare...

Not really you are just going for girls who are the opposite of you.
Most people are average looking but attracted to beautiful people. Same thing lol.
Not really you are just going for girls who are the opposite of you.

It is true that when you go out you don't have the expectation to meet a female who has recently completed her PhD in Physics or another one who has published several papers in Mechanical Engineering.

However even if you wanted to or to find a girl/woman who has some good intellect, it's rather difficult. Actually it's very very difficult!
Original post by Chicken.M.
Most people are average looking but attracted to beautiful people. Same thing lol.

That's why I am getting a lot of attention when I go out. Smart & beautiful people are not very common...
It is true that when you go out you don't have the expectation to meet a female who has recently completed her PhD in Physics or another one who has published several papers in Mechanical Engineering.

However even if you wanted to or to find a girl/woman who has some good intellect, it's rather difficult. Actually it's very very difficult!

Hmm in my experience I feel like it’s the opposite these days i don’t come across intellectual males. But maybe because I haven’t met any .
Hmm in my experience I feel like it’s the opposite these days i don’t come across intellectual males. But maybe because I haven’t met any .

It could be. However it's very unlikely that you will find intellectual females when you go out.
And this has always been the case...
Why is there a label for something like that? we're all attracted to different things, it's nothing special
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
It could be. However it's very unlikely that you will find intellectual females when you go out.
And this has always been the case...

It's also possible that intelligent people aren't easily detectable during the very first conversations; they may even sometimes appear dumb when they've overthought something, or just keep their thoughts to themselves (especially when they see that other people most likely won't understand their thoughts), so that may contribute to why it seems unlikely to find intellectual people when you go out.
Original post by kaiana
It's also possible that intelligent people aren't easily detectable during the very first conversations; they may even sometimes appear dumb when they've overthought something, or just keep their thoughts to themselves (especially when they see that other people most likely won't understand their thoughts), so that may contribute to why it seems unlikely to find intellectual people when you go out.

Yes indeed it's true. However even if there is a number of intelligent individuals out there then this number is very small in comparison to the majority.
Original post by Moonlight rain
Why is there a label for something like that? we're all attracted to different things, it's nothing special

It's just a conversation we have in relation to intelligent individuals and how are people attracted to them. However it's very difficult to find intelligent people generally speaking. It becomes even more difficult if you are a heterosexual male... Intelligent females are very rare in our days...
It's just a conversation we have in relation to intelligent individuals and how are people attracted to them. However it's very difficult to find intelligent people generally speaking. It becomes even more difficult if you are a heterosexual male... Intelligent females are very rare in our days...

Sorry, I gotta stop you for a sec and just try to confirm something. How intelligent are you? can you give me some example / showcase?
Original post by PrettymuchGod
Sorry, I gotta stop you for a sec and just try to confirm something. How intelligent are you? can you give me some example / showcase?

Are you challenging the Devil 😈 ??
A problem for you maybe, if you are attracted to people with more intellect/intelligence than yourself you may develop an unhealthy admiration or relationship dynamic where they can influence you in unhealthy ways and you develop an inferiority complex

You won't find someone thinking like that about women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending