The Student Room Group

VR tips???

I absolutely suck at VR. I know everyone says it gets better with time but i've been keeping track of my scores and i've only moved from 480 s to 540 with 640 being my highest ever score. ( it's been a month of me consistently practicing... all my other sections have seen drastic improvement except this one). My average score would probably be one in the 520-540 range. Anyone have any tips??
p.s: my strategy is basically first checking if the topic of the passage is one that i m confident in or not. If not, then flag, guess and skip. If so, then read the question first, look for keyword in passage and read the sentence containing keyword and sentences around it. I dont know where i m going wrong
Original post by Randomsomebody
I absolutely suck at VR. I know everyone says it gets better with time but i've been keeping track of my scores and i've only moved from 480 s to 540 with 640 being my highest ever score. ( it's been a month of me consistently practicing... all my other sections have seen drastic improvement except this one). My average score would probably be one in the 520-540 range. Anyone have any tips??
p.s: my strategy is basically first checking if the topic of the passage is one that i m confident in or not. If not, then flag, guess and skip. If so, then read the question first, look for keyword in passage and read the sentence containing keyword and sentences around it. I dont know where i m going wrong

Your familiarity with the topic is immaterial. It’s a test of verbal reasoning, not general knowledge. I’d be willing to bet this is where you’re going wrong.
Read the question first and scan for corresponding key words. Don't use any prior knowledge or make assumptions as the passage could be altered
Original post by Turning_A_Corner
Your familiarity with the topic is immaterial. It’s a test of verbal reasoning, not general knowledge. I’d be willing to bet this is where you’re going wrong.

ya i know that. I meant that if for instance, a passage is about taxes and politics and i always seem to take long answering questions of that sort , i would just leave those till the end. It's not like i would completely dismiss those questions, i would just leave them for later cuz i know i usually get those questions wrong
Then you’re approaching it incorrectly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending