The Student Room Group

age/dating and work..

This age thing is really getting to be a problem

I started a temp job about a week ago..

Whilst there some guy asked my age, I asked him to guess. He guessed me a whopping 16 yrs younger than my true age..., another woman there overheard and was shocked when the guy then guessed 25 and I told him to "keep going"

when I eventually revealed my age, both of them were really really shocked. The guy said to me if he was me he would be keeping my age a secret.

The woman is 31.
she is quite pretty.
unfortunately though I have noticed she is not sexually attracted to me.

There are about 13 girls under 40 working there.
5 out of 13 I have noticed are attracted to me (in my opinion)
all 5 look 25 or below

of the 5, there is two who seem attracted to me the most. once looks about 17, one looks 20/21

really not sure what to do here. to take no action on any of the 5 girls would be stupid. due to the 17 year old being well 17 (or maybe 18), the one i think i should focus on is the one who looks 20/21

but that's still a pretty big age gap, and i'm not sure how into her i am tbh. i'm honestly 50/50 at this point. ...also the fact that apart from the 31 year old, no girls there know my age .....so literally all 5 could lose interest when my age comes out.

i'm really not sure what to do here??
The 1 woman working there of suitable age isn't attracted to me.... but a bunch of younger girls seem to be.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Dem STATISTACS.
Original post by ANM775
This age thing is really getting to be a problem

I started a temp job about a week ago..

Whilst there some guy asked my age, I asked him to guess. He guessed me a whopping 16 yrs younger than my true age..., another woman there overheard and was shocked when the guy then guessed 25 and I told him to "keep going"

when I eventually revealed my age, both of them were really really shocked. The guy said to me if he was me he would be keeping my age a secret.

The woman is 31.
she is quite pretty.
unfortunately though I have noticed she is not sexually attracted to me.

There are about 13 girls under 40 working there.
5 out of 13 I have noticed are attracted to me (in my opinion)
all 5 look 25 or below

of the 5, there is two who seem attracted to me the most. once looks about 17, one looks 20/21

really not sure what to do here. to take no action on any of the 5 girls would be stupid. due to the 17 year old being well 17 (or maybe 18), the one i think i should focus on is the one who looks 20/21

but that's still a pretty big age gap, and i'm not sure how into her i am tbh. i'm honestly 50/50 at this point. ...also the fact that apart from the 31 year old, no girls there know my age .....so literally all 5 could lose interest when my age comes out.

i'm really not sure what to do here??
The 1 woman working there of suitable age isn't attracted to me.... but a bunch of younger girls seem to be.

Spoiler

5/13 girls in your new job are attracted to you as you say or think...

I see this is one of the usual daydreaming safaris of yours...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Lucifer323
5/13 girls in your new job are attracted to you as you say or think...

I see this one of the usual daydreaming safaris of yours...

what is so unbelievable about that?

sounds like you are just jealous Lucy
1. Line up a permanent job
2. Have sex with all of them
3. Resign
Are you ~40 or something?
Reply 6
Original post by Vapordave
Are you ~40 or something?

30s
Reply 8
Original post by Vapordave
36/7?

I shall leave the exact number a mystery due to the amount of age trolls on here..
Original post by ANM775
I shall leave the exact number a mystery due to the amount of age trolls on here..

:holmes:
Original post by ANM775
what is so unbelievable about that?

sounds like you are just jealous Lucy

Yes indeed!!
:rofl:
Reply 11
Original post by xxx0xxxo
As impressive and slightly odd as all your calculating is...Sounds like you just want to have a thing with someone and are just being resourceful with your collection of colleagues. If you're not really into any of them, don't target one yet. Just get to know a few in a more friendly way before deciding who you might like to approach. Age doesn't really matter except obvs don't even go near minors. Even one misinterpreted comment can land you in trouble these days so.

The very attractive 31 year old isn't attracted to me,
the next prettiest girl looks 22/23, but when she thought i wasn't looking I caught her rolling her eyes at me for some reason ...so at the moment i'm going to take this as a sign she's not attracted to me.

the next girl on my radar looked 25, and i thought i she was attracted to me, and then i saw her check me out once .......but i've since found out she has a partner and kid so that isn't going to happen

the one who looks 17 would have been the next one I'd be interested in, and i'd probably go for that one if i was younger........, but i feel a bit dodgy trying to put moves on her due to age

so the next one is the 20/21 year old, but i'm really not sure how into her i am.
she also has this friend around the same age who seems attracted to me as well (although not quite as much as the first girl) but she is really not my cup of tea personality wise so it's a definite no in regards to her......., but it will be very difficult to get to know the 20/21 year old with her friend there as she is very dominant and loud in her personality and will be a definite spanner in the works ..so will be difficult to get to know.
Wow, we have such different problems:lol:
Original post by Justaboutalive

Hello again girl...
Original post by Lucifer323
Hello again girl...

You really are in all these kinds of threads eh
Reply 15

this age thing is actually a big problem, because the girls who are age suitable who should be interested in me typically aren't

and the girls who aren't really age suitable tend to be, but then when i reveal my age most of them get scared off.

so very limited dating options :frown:
Original post by ANM775
The very attractive 31 year old isn't attracted to me,
the next prettiest girl looks 22/23, but when she thought i wasn't looking I caught her rolling her eyes at me for some reason ...so at the moment i'm going to take this as a sign she's not attracted to me.

the next girl on my radar looked 25, and i thought i she was attracted to me, and then i saw her check me out once .......but i've since found out she has a partner and kid so that isn't going to happen

the one who looks 17 would have been the next one I'd be interested in, and i'd probably go for that one if i was younger........, but i feel a bit dodgy trying to put moves on her due to age

so the next one is the 20/21 year old, but i'm really not sure how into her i am.
she also has this friend around the same age who seems attracted to me as well (although not quite as much as the first girl) but she is really not my cup of tea personality wise so it's a definite no in regards to her......., but it will be very difficult to get to know the 20/21 year old with her friend there as she is very dominant and loud in her personality and will be a definite spanner in the works ..so will be difficult to get to know.

Why go for any of them then if ur only option is not to your liking? Can't you meet people from outside of work?

I don't get the highlighted comment above, she rolled eyes because you were not looking at her? And just out of curiosity would you call yourself attractive or not.

yeah don't go for the 17 year old. Not to be harsh but among girl circles we can tell when a guy is on the lookout so make sure you don't get a reputation among them as being desperate or something. i've seen it happen many times
You really are in all these kinds of threads eh

Naaaah just having some spare time before I go out for the night... And you know what kind of girls go out in the places I go?! Wanna come? Going out with the devil...

Oops! I forgot! Going out to nightclubs is haram..
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by xxx0xxxo
Why go for any of them then if ur only option is not to your liking? Can't you meet people from outside of work?

I don't get the highlighted comment above, she rolled eyes because you were not looking at her? And just out of curiosity would you call yourself attractive or not.

yeah don't go for the 17 year old. Not to be harsh but among girl circles we can tell when a guy is on the lookout so make sure you don't get a reputation among them as being desperate or something. i've seen it happen many times

I should go for someone there as I have no friends in the area (i am from london so my friends are in london) so it's hard to meet new girls, and as i don't have friends in the area i can't go on a night out in the area to meet girls.

and what i meant by the other comment, is i could feel the girl looking at me from my peripheral vision, eventually i decided to turn towards her but just as i happened to be turning towards her she happened to be turning away and I could see her also rolling her eyes.

would I call myself attractive or not? yes and no.
no because in cold approach, i get rejected an awful lot
yes because i do get approached by girls from time to time

anytime i've dated a girl i was because they've made the first move. either i've picked up that they are attracted to me and i've asked them out, or they've outright approached me and made a move.
the times i've made the first move, always fails. the furthest it will go is exchanging numbers..

So really the only way i get anywhere is to either be observant and make moves on girls i notice are attracted to me, or be outright approached by a girl and them make a move on me.
Original post by ANM775
I should go for someone there as I have no friends in the area (i am from london so my friends are in london) so it's hard to meet new girls, and as i don't have friends in the area i can't go on a night out in the area to meet girls.

and what i meant by the other comment, is i could feel the girl looking at me from my peripheral vision, eventually i decided to turn towards her but just as i happened to be turning towards her she happened to be turning away and I could see her also rolling her eyes.

would I call myself attractive or not? yes and no.
no because in cold approach, i get rejected an awful lot
yes because i do get approached by girls from time to time

anytime i've dated a girl i was because they've made the first move. either i've picked up that they are attracted to me and i've asked them out, or they've outright approached me and made a move.
the times i've made the first move, always fails. the furthest it will go is exchanging numbers..

So really the only way i get anywhere is to either be observant and make moves on girls i notice are attracted to me, or be outright approached by a girl and them make a move on me.

Wouldn't you consider trying apps? The problem of approaching might be less of an issue as it could be your manner of approaching in person. Dunno it's hard to tell why you get approached yet don't do well approaching.

Also you can become interested in people without being 'approached' or 'a move' it can be more subtle and just a developing thing rather than like a human courtship ritual from the discovery channel.

Latest

Trending

Trending