The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Anyone starting The Open University Oct 2021?

Hi, Im due to start my first module in October 2021 and second module in February 2022. This is for my Batchelors degree in Social Psychology. Wondering if anyone else is doing the same? Same course or starting the same time but a different degree? I'm nervous, and thought it would be great to keep in touch with someone in the same boat! Be a mutual support for each other.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Steffiodo88
Hi, Im due to start my first module in October 2021 and second module in February 2022. This is for my Batchelors degree in Social Psychology. Wondering if anyone else is doing the same? Same course or starting the same time but a different degree? I'm nervous, and thought it would be great to keep in touch with someone in the same boat! Be a mutual support for each other.

Hey! I'll be starting my first module in October too and I'm so excited to get started on it. I'm studying Psychology and starting with E102. I did originally enrol on Social Psychology too but recently changed it to Psychology as I noticed the modules were better suited for me. What's your first module?

I'm planning on starting module 2 in Feb also, I am undecided on whether to just start the two at the same time, but figured if I start module 2 in Feb, it just gives time to get used to being back at studying! And it's still 2 modules done in the first year. When are you planning to enrol on the Feb module? I've started a studygram on Insta : @Kayleigh_at_openuni
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by KB02
Hey! I'll be starting my first module in October too and I'm so excited to get started on it. I'm studying Psychology and starting with E102. I did originally enrol on Social Psychology too but recently changed it to Psychology as I noticed the modules were better suited for me. What's your first module?

I'm planning on starting module 2 in Feb also, I am undecided on whether to just start the two at the same time, but figured if I start module 2 in Feb, it just gives time to get used to being back at studying! And it's still 2 modules done in the first year. When are you planning to enrol on the Feb module? I've started a studygram on Insta : @Kayleigh_at_openun

Oh thats great! I will follow you.
I think my module 2 starts on 5th February. First module is Introducing Social Sciences DD102. I was close to studying Psychology but last minute changed my mind due to it being more appealing for what I want to do at the end of it all.

I have completed my Higher Education Diploma, but I still wanted to split the modules up as I work full time and think it would have put too much pressure on me to do both together. What is your plan for once you finish?
Hey!Im starting open university in october, doing bachelors in criminology and law. Kinda nervous about it to be honest. I was thinking about doing psychology or social psychology but realised I found more things interesting withint the realm of criminolgy and law so went for that instead, wanted to keep my motivation up for getting on with studying whilst I work as well yknow. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you when it all starts!
Reply 4
Original post by temporary_egg
Hey!Im starting open university in october, doing bachelors in criminology and law. Kinda nervous about it to be honest. I was thinking about doing psychology or social psychology but realised I found more things interesting withint the realm of criminolgy and law so went for that instead, wanted to keep my motivation up for getting on with studying whilst I work as well yknow. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you when it all starts!

Criminology will be so interesting. I looked in to doing that degree!! Well if you want to keep in contact let me know. Instragram: Steffi0do if you want to.
I am nervous, iv just finished my diploma to help me ease into education again. But I feel the degree will still be pretty hard to get my head around it. I worry because I work full time and if i can make enough time! :frown:
Reply 5
Hey, I’m hoping to start bachelors Pyschology with Counselling Oct 2021! I was wondering if anyone has any info on eligibility for following degrees? E.G and Masters at a physical uni to work towards being qualified? Super nervous for online study and want to ensure it’s worth it!
Reply 6
Original post by Steffiodo88
Oh thats great! I will follow you.
I think my module 2 starts on 5th February. First module is Introducing Social Sciences DD102. I was close to studying Psychology but last minute changed my mind due to it being more appealing for what I want to do at the end of it all.

I have completed my Higher Education Diploma, but I still wanted to split the modules up as I work full time and think it would have put too much pressure on me to do both together. What is your plan for once you finish?

I'm following you back - I just love the OU Studygram community on there, it's quite motivating!

So my ultimate goal is to work in clinical psychology, however I know it's a very competitive field and getting a PHD placement can be difficult but that's where I'd like to end up. I'm just not sure at the age of 33 if I've left it too late for that now. As a backup career after completing the degree I'd like to be a CWP, or working in an area for childhood trauma/victim support role.

How about you? Do you have a plan?
Reply 7

That's really impressive - good luck with your degree! I'm hooked on watching Criminal Minds right now and the whole field just seems really interesting. Are you studying FT or PT?
Reply 8
Original post by csnxx
Hey, I’m hoping to start bachelors Pyschology with Counselling Oct 2021! I was wondering if anyone has any info on eligibility for following degrees? E.G and Masters at a physical uni to work towards being qualified? Super nervous for online study and want to ensure it’s worth it!

Good luck with your studies. I'm sure you can do psych masters at OU but I have also read somewhere on this forum that people have done their degree online with OU and then gone to a brick uni to do a masters. So it's defo something you can do following your degree.

It will be worth it, it's a degree in an industry you want to work in after all. Just research online for help with the path you want to take, I found YouTube videos also super helpful!
Original post by KB02

I'm planning on starting module 2 in Feb also, I am undecided on whether to just start the two at the same time, but figured if I start module 2 in Feb, it just gives time to get used to being back at studying! And it's still 2 modules done in the first year. When are you planning to enrol on the Feb module? I've started a studygram on Insta : @Kayleigh_at_openuni

Hey! I'm starting Psychology an starting with with E102 as well. It would be nice to get to know a few people studying the same courses or similar courses, I will give your insta a follow :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by EllMcConnell96
Hey! I'm starting Psychology an starting with with E102 as well. It would be nice to get to know a few people studying the same courses or similar courses, I will give your insta a follow :smile:

Hey! That's great, I love finding people who are doing the same, if not similar, course. I wonder if we'll be in the same tutor group! I noticed on the Student Home page that the module website opens beginning of September, so we'll see what we're getting ourselves into soon enough :P
My first time on this site, the last time I was in school was a couple of years ago I'm 24 now so kind of nervous, I never planned on going to uni but hey sometimes life can take a wild turn! :biggrin: I'm both excited and nervous! I also start October :biggrin:
Hi everyone - after studying various modules and hopping between pathways I’ve finally settled on the OU’s Bachelor of Engineering pathway, with the potential to switch to the masters programme at a later date. I’m going to make a better effort in speaking to other students over the course of my studies to help keep me on track.
Original post by KB02
Hey! That's great, I love finding people who are doing the same, if not similar, course. I wonder if we'll be in the same tutor group! I noticed on the Student Home page that the module website opens beginning of September, so we'll see what we're getting ourselves into soon enough :P

Have you had any trouble with student finance, every time I keep clicking the apply now button its sending me in a loop back to the GOV home page. I've tried ringing them and they just seem to hang up before I get through :frown:
Well I'm HOPING to start in October! I applied for credit transfer back in May but they're being painfully slow to process it!

Fingers crossed, I'll be doing BA (Hons) Classical Studies.
Reply 15
I'm starting also in October, I'm doing an Open degree, but starting in business first. Just waiting for my student financing to come through soon, so it can all be confirmed.
Hi :smile: I am due to start Criminology and Psychology in October. Starting with Introduction to Criminology DD105.
Original post by KB02

Hi, I'm new to OU and I start my BA education studies (primary) in October. My 1st 2 modules are both E102 and E103. I am also working full-time and have 3 kids with various SEN.... Think I need my head tested 😂
Reply 18

I'm starting this course in February, I was wondering if you have any info on the course material as of yet so I can start to familiarise myself with it? if you dont mind of course
Hi everyone.
I'm starting in October also. Studying Psychology full-time. Haven't studied in over 10 years! I've also 2 young kids under 3. I must be mad 😂 Now it's drawing closer the nerves are certainly starting to kick in. I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!
Good luck to everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest