The Student Room Group

Ive got deppression and its taken a while for me to accept it

I finnally realized i had deppresion a year later,i thought i was sad at first but i guess it is deppression.i rememeber myself back 2 years ago or 3 and how much of a different person i was its so weird to think that and now who i am is just like a darker self.i feel like crap all the time and im just in bed crying or just sitting there and feeling like crap.i really dont have any friends to talk to and getting up and doing normal thing espeically social things is hard like go to the store and its getting to the point where i might u know..... honestly comments like "be happier
" or "dont worry life gets better" just really dont help and just annoy me.like thanks why did i think of that ill just be happy,ur a genius.im scared to go gp and talk to a therapist because i feel like thats something i wouldnt be able to do and it would use so much of my energy trying to say one thing to the therapist because of deppression you get alot more tired i guess.so i dont really know what im.expecting but i guess im hoping for something if im posting this on here
Reply 1
Original post by xxx0xxxo
How old are you?

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Depression is quite common and you're not alone. Your GP and counsellor would also not pressure you into talking about uncomfortable things or pressure you to talk loads, so don't be afraid of this. They should respect your boundaries. Any support is likely to help, at least to help you acknowledge what is going on with you.

18 nearly 19.even then i dont know if i would wanna go on phone and talk to them and tell them what im going through
Reply 2
Fair enough, it takes courage. Do you feel able to talk about things with anyone at home or friends? it doesn't have to be about 'the depression' but just about one or two things which are bothering you these days or stressing you out, like college work or relationship issues.

Nah i dont really have any family or friends i can talk to.
Reply 3
Maybe that could have something to do with it too, feeling like you have nobody to talk to. For that reason i'd really recommend speaking to your GP, you can tell them you're still unsure about counseling. I think feeling alone would make it worse long term, you'd have to try something a little out of your comfort zone to end up in a potentially better place. (Speaking from experience)

Hope this helps, good luck...

Cool

Quick Reply

Latest