The Student Room Group

am i too overprotective of my sister

I'm feeling a range of mixed emotions right now so just bring in honest logical replies, please. I have no one to talk to, so came here Anonymously.

I recently found out that a guy took my 17 year old sister to a hotel room. She's innocent and everyone knows that. I have no idea what she was thinking going there, but apparently she sat there in the bed watching a movie. The guy went in the toilet and came out basically naked. She was shocked and didn't do anything but just sit down awkwardly.

I know who the guy who did this is, he's known to be some 'roadman' from the area and in my asian community. The reason he done this was literally as revenge for something that had occurred between the guy and some other guy, whos girlfriend my sister is friends with. They tried to use my sister. And honestly it infuriates me and I'm also so shocked that my sister could ever do something like that. Right now i feel like exposing it to my family to prevent her from doing stupid decisions like that ever again.

another thing is telling me to just go and beat the guy up, not caring about my repercussions. the guy and his friends literally have no life, no future and don't care but i legit don't care my heads going crazy ever since I found out about this.

Am I over reacting here, am i being too overprotective? Surely not because the guy was using her...
Reply 1
What exactly are you accusing your sister of?
Reply 2
Original post by volka
What exactly are you accusing your sister of?

I'm just disappointed that she would have made the actual decision to go to a hotel room with a guy whos clearly just using her for revenge. I don't believe anything happened but it's just the shock. I know i will lose her trust if i tell my parents but honestly i feel like I've got no choice. she doesn't tell me anything anyway
Don’t tell your parents, you’ll break them. I’ve been in similar situation, I have no older brother or sister, and my mother and father were extremely disappointed in me, I still feel ashamed to this day. I was too naive, but I look like I was quite the opposite unfortunately.
Talk to her and explain the consequences of the situation.
And who told you this story?

I wouldn’t say expose it to your family yet, only do so that fast if your sister is under direct threat.

If the story has some authenticity to it, you should probably have a word with the guy. Man to man and see where he’s at with the whole thing..

If it does turn out that he’s dating her then there’s not much you can do other than the usual word with him about your sister. You should probably talk to your sister also about dating guys and what she needs to be aware of etc.
But at the same time, make sure it’s all in moderation.
(edited 2 years ago)
You think you have a right to just go and attack a guy because you are overprotective of your sister?

I hope your sister ends up marrying him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending