The Student Room Group

Is a 15 square meter bedroom big or small?

Or average?

I don't know what a square meter is
It’s equivalent to 3m * 5m (or 10ft by 15ft)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It’s equivalent to 3m * 5m (or 10ft by 15ft)

Would you say that's average? Or a good size?
It's fairly big by today's standards (in new build houses)

A double bed is about 2.6 square metres if that helps - so there will be plenty of space for desk, chairs, wardrobes etc.
(edited 2 years ago)
It depends on the context, but broadly speaking that is a very large double bedroom. To give a random example off the top of my head, if you were looking for a middle of the range 4 bedroom detached house you wouldn't necessarily expect any of the bedrooms to be that big. Some will have bedrooms that big of course, because houses can differ wildly in their dimensions, but it's not something you would expect. In your average four bedroom detached house it would be a good sized master bedroom. I just went on Rightmove and searched four bedroom detached houses around £500,000 in Manchester, and of the first three I clicked on one had a master bedroom slightly bigger than that and three bedrooms smaller, and with the other two even the master was slightly smaller.
Original post by issawrap
Would you say that's average? Or a good size?

Grab a tape measure and measure your room at home.
Original post by issawrap
Or average?

I don't know what a square meter is

I'd say that's quite large. My previous bedroom was 13.3sqm and in it I easily managed to fit a double bed, large desk, wardrobe and chest of drawers.

Quick Reply

Latest