The Student Room Group

Am I allowed to ask for someones social media on tsr?

If I want to get to know someone on here, can I ask for their social media through private message?

This person is my age.
Reply 1
Yh but isn't asking for socials a way of getting to know them more?
You could but not everyone will say yes
Reply 3
Original post by Moonlight rain
You could but not everyone will say yes

yh
Original post by Anonymous
If I want to get to know someone on here, can I ask for their social media through private message?

This person is my age.

No.
We don't allow this for safety reasons as some people are under 18 (and we have no way of actually checking ages).
Reply 5
I imagine it would not look good for you if moderation received a report from a user of a random stranger ( you ) asking for people's private social medias.
And you can probably expect to be reported.
Reply 6
Yh ok
Reply 7
Original post by becausethenight
No.
We don't allow this for safety reasons as some people are under 18 (and we have no way of actually checking ages).

Yh ok thank you
Reply 8
Original post by Foxehh
I imagine it would not look good for you if moderation received a report from a user of a random stranger ( you ) asking for people's private social medias.
And you can probably expect to be reported.

Yh ok thanks
Are you single and why are you so brutal when you answer?
You probably should just get to know them on here then gradually, whenever you both trust each other, go ahead.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

This person is my age.

officially the answer is no

but how likely is the person to actually report you?

also i'm pretty sure some volunteers have exchanged social media accounts with each other (without naming names), so how does tsr staff expect people to follow this rule when they themselves dont?
Nice :hello:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending