The Student Room Group

Can’t get him of my mind!!!

I cannot get over him

Scroll to see replies

I need to see the backstory. Also, how old are you?
Original post by Anonymous
I cannot get over him

If you just broke up with your ex; the natural feeling is this. It all takes time to heal up.
Once you understand that there’s more to life than a relationship, you will move on faster.

You could talk to someone else in the meantime to make the process quicker, that’s only when you’re ready.
Reply 3
Original post by SlaveofAll
I need to see the backstory. Also, how old are you?

We’re both 21, the problem was we both want different things in life. He moved away to study and we tried to make it work, the time difference and everything, instead we were talking to eachother all the time, hardly sleeping and it was spoiling our actual daily lives. We actually argued which we never did before and he said maybe we should just call it a day. I was absolutely shattered, he was crying but I knew he was right, I just didn’t want to hear it. Since then I’ve blocked him, deleted every memory of him. Everything I look at reminds me of him though, he’s constantly on my mind. It’s been months and I feel like it’s getting worse rather than better.
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
If you just broke up with your ex; the natural feeling is this. It all takes time to heal up.
Once you understand that there’s more to life than a relationship, you will move on faster.

You could talk to someone else in the meantime to make the process quicker, that’s only when you’re ready.

I know there’s more to life but I just have no feeling of motivation left in me. I just want to lie in bed and cry all day, I never thought I’d be that kind of girl, who loses it over a guy.
I don’t know who to talk to, besides I think everyone thinks I’m being pathetic.
They say that time's supposed to heal ya,
But I ain't done much healing
Hello?
I know there’s more to life but I just have no feeling of motivation left in me. I just want to lie in bed and cry all day, I never thought I’d be that kind of girl, who loses it over a guy.
I don’t know who to talk to, besides I think everyone thinks I’m being pathetic.

yeah, it’s the usual feeling of heart break.

It’s not an abnormal response at all. Just always remember the reasons why you broke up and you’ll forgot about the whole thing.
Reply 7
yeah, it’s the usual feeling of heart break.

It’s not an abnormal response at all. Just always remember the reasons why you broke up and you’ll forgot about the whole thing.

Honestly I keep reminding myself it was for the best but he was my first love.
Honestly I keep reminding myself it was for the best but he was my first love.

Yes. But it was for the best

Just allow yourself to feel sad for the moment. I think you might just be missing him.

You tried making it work but it just couldn’t work out. You tried your best that’s all that matters.

Do you have any motivations in life? What about family and friends?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Yes. But it was for the best

Just allow yourself to feel sad for the moment. I think you might just be missing him.

You tried making it work but it just couldn’t work out. You tried your best that’s all that matters.

Do you have any motivations in life? What about family and friends?

Of course I miss him, but I know it was for the best.

I have my family, friends and colleagues, but I feel so alone despite everyone around me.

I also have a lot to focus on but I can't concentrate on anything.
Reply 10
I cannot get over him

With time you will be able to find someone else time is the best cure for problems of this nature
You got exes, OP?
Original post by SlaveofAll
You got exes, OP?

Yes an ex, I thought was fairly obvious considering I can’t get over him
His loving and leaving..

.. I think I needed a bit of Kylie
Of course I miss him, but I know it was for the best.

I have my family, friends and colleagues, but I feel so alone despite everyone around me.

I also have a lot to focus on but I can't concentrate on anything.

Maybe have one last shag with him then cut contact
Reply 15

That is an awful idea.

Charming.. if only it were that simple
Charming.. if only it were that simple

theres people you can talk to on here that will understand and try to help you
Original post by bennydfrg
theres people you can talk to on here that will understand and try to help you

Like who?
It does hurt for now, but it will get better over time. Things didn't work out for a reason and to keep end up arguing is not a good place to be in. Being lonely is hard, but you will get to the point, where you will love yourself when your single. Tips, keep busy, go out with friends, take up online yoga from you tube, eat lots of ice cream, binge watch netflix. Do all the things you can do for now to keep your mind occupied. And cry. its ok to grieve over a relationship. There's no rules to how long, or many times you cry, but by each release if emotion you will start to feel better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending