The Student Room Group

Government Student Financing

Hello, I would like to ask a question.
I'll be starting university in October, but wish to use government student financing in order to cover my costs for university. During my university studies, I would like to have a part time job. Will this affect me receiving financing in any way? Can I work only a certain amount of hours?
I have 0 knowledge on such matters.
You can work as many hours as you want, but the amount you earn will slightly affect your funding for the next year as finance is measured based on previous years’ income.
Also you need to apply ASAP if you haven’t already and you may get your funding late due to the fact that the deadline for guaranteed payment on time was like May
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
You can work as many hours as you want, but the amount you earn will slightly affect your funding for the next year as finance is measured based on previous years’ income.

I see. Thank you.
Reply 4
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Also you need to apply ASAP if you haven’t already and you may get your funding late due to the fact that the deadline for guaranteed payment on time was like May

Oh yikes. My situation is a little complicated at the moment, that's why I haven't applied for it yet. Is there a particular time I should not go over?
Whats your nationality? If your applying as a uk home student, then what you work will not affect your funding.
Reply 6
Original post by Shirohige
Whats your nationality? If your applying as a uk home student, then what you work will not affect your funding.

I am an EU national and I also have an EU settlement.
Reply 7
Original post by halcyonn
Oh yikes. My situation is a little complicated at the moment, that's why I haven't applied for it yet. Is there a particular time I should not go over?

Essentially just the later you apply, the later you'll get the money, since missing the May deadline means it's already not guaranteed for the start of your course. What's stopping you from applying now? The sooner you can get the process started the better :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Interea
Essentially just the later you apply, the later you'll get the money, since missing the May deadline means it's already not guaranteed for the start of your course. What's stopping you from applying now? The sooner you can get the process started the better :smile:

Well hopefully, I can apply for it very soon.
I am an EU national and I also have an EU settlement.

Is that Settled or pre-settled?
Reply 10
Original post by Shirohige
Is that Settled or pre-settled?

Settled Status.
Settled Status.

Shouldn't affect you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending