The Student Room Group

Jumped Red Light By Mistake

Hey Folks, I was on this right only lane waiting for the red light to turn green. When the left and straight green arrow lit, I mistakenly started off even though right was still red. I realized as soon as I crossed though and luckily there were no oncoming traffic.How probable is that I get a ticket?a.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by kishashwi
Hey Folks, I was on this right only lane waiting for the red light to turn green. When the left and straight green arrow lit, I mistakenly started off even though right was still red. I realized as soon as I crossed though and luckily there were no oncoming traffic.How probable is that I get a ticket?a.jpg

Hopefully you do get one as you'd likely be offered an awareness course which clearly you need to undergo.

More than likely no camera, so unfortunately what I'd hope would happen likely won't happen...
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Hopefully you do get one as you'd likely be offered an awareness course which clearly you need to undergo.

More than likely no camera, so unfortunately what I'd hope would happen likely won't happen...

Taken in good spirit.. :wink:
Out of curiosity, ain't the camera above the traffic light capable capturing the jumpers? I am seeing these all over the place..
Reply 3
Original post by kishashwi
Taken in good spirit.. :wink:
Out of curiosity, ain't the camera above the traffic light capable capturing the jumpers? I am seeing these all over the place..

It's a sensor.
Original post by IWMTom

I can only assume your driving is error free perfection and your attention is always focused on the task at hand and never wanders. Impressive.
Reply 5
Original post by Djtoodles
I can only assume your driving is error free perfection and your attention is always focused on the task at hand and never wanders. Impressive.

I've never ran a red light. I rest my case.
Original post by IWMTom
I've never ran a red light. I rest my case.

Wow, if that was the only criteria to being a good driver you might have a case lol.
Reply 7
Wow, if that was the only criteria to being a good driver you might have a case lol.

It's the only thing being debated in this thread. Pipe down.
Original post by IWMTom
It's the only thing being debated in this thread. Pipe down.

Not particularly relevant tbh. You bring up awareness which is a lot more than simply not running a red.

Given the pedestal you seem to make your comment from, and the general self-righteousness you display, your driving better be a whole lot better than not running a red lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Not particularly relevant tbh. You bring up awareness which is a lot more than simply not running a red.

Given the pedestal you seem to make your comment from, and the general self-righteousness you display, your driving better be a whole lot better than not running a red lol.

I brought up a red light awareness course, genius.
Original post by IWMTom
I brought up a red light awareness course, genius.

You miss the point, I’m questioning the position of superiority from which you make your unhelpful and self-righteous comment and never running a red light does not put you in a position to do so when for all we know you are a crap driver.
Reply 11
You miss the point, I’m questioning the position of superiority from which you make your unhelpful and self-righteous comment and never running a red light does not put you in a position to do so when for all we know you are a crap driver.

I stated they'd benefit from a red light awareness course because they.. well.. ran a red light???

What part of this is confusing you? There is nothing being discussed other than red lights here.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending