The Student Room Group

influencer friend unfollowed me on insta and blocked me on snapchat

we used to talk quite a bit but due to my worsening depression/mental breakdown i haven't been giving him much attention lately. mainly bc i just wanted avoid any sexual stuff (he would turn a lot of our convos sexual, and i just wasn't in the mood for that). about a week ago i mentioned my personal issues to him (re depression/mental breakdown) which i now know was a huge mistake and probably contributed to him unfollowing/blocking me.

now i'm really down and i can't get over losing his online friendship (he's american which is why it was as strictly online). i'm not gonna lie, it was incredibly flattering, i mean getting attention from someone like him. i feel worthless af now.

i want to message him on insta, bc i want to know why he suddenly wants me completely out of his online. will i look really desperate if i message him?

Scroll to see replies

James Charles?
Reply 2
Original post by YaliaV123
James Charles?

nah, its not someone with that big of a following. besides i really don't think i would get a long with a guy like james tbh, lol.
Reply 3
Original post by Ciel.
we used to talk quite a bit but due to my worsening depression/mental breakdown i haven't been giving him much attention lately. mainly bc i just wanted avoid any sexual stuff (he would turn a lot of our convos sexual, and i just wasn't in the mood for that). about a week ago i mentioned my personal issues to him (re depression/mental breakdown) which i now know was a huge mistake and probably contributed to him unfollowing/blocking me.

now i'm really down and i can't get over losing his online friendship (he's american which is why it was as strictly online). i'm not gonna lie, it was incredibly flattering, i mean getting attention from someone like him. i feel worthless af now.

i want to message him on insta, bc i want to know why he suddenly wants me completely out of his online. will i look really desperate if i message him?

He doesn't really care about you.. Just leave it.. Find someone else
Original post by Ciel.
nah, its not someone with that big of a following. besides i really don't think i would get a long with a guy like james tbh, lol.

Benji? Tony?
Reply 5
Original post by 16 shot
He doesn't really care about you.. Just leave it.. Find someone else

i really enjoyed chatting to him tho. most people can't really capture my interest for more than a week or so, he was different
Original post by dingdongbtches
Benji? Tony?

his identity doesn't matter, that's not the point of my thread
Be flattered that your personality, conversation, looks or possibly all three are so amazing that an instagram influencer was your follower. :smile:
A follower who did not charge you for the chats or follow.
Many of the models my best friend works alongside invest a lot of money and time every month into encouraging social media influencers to follow them, chat or share helpful contacts/invites to relevant social & networking events.
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Be flattered that your personality, conversation, looks or possibly all three are so amazing that an instagram influencer was your follower. :smile:
A follower who did not charge you for the chats or follow.
Many of the models my best friend works alongside invest a lot of money and time every month into encouraging social media influencers to follow them, chat or share helpful contacts/invites to relevant social & networking events.

well, apparently not interesting/good looking enough
i know it's 'only' social media and not everyone gets it but.. yeah
He probably just removed you because of the lack of interaction.

If you messaged him, yes you will look desperate. So if that’s your concerns then don’t. ALSO I don’t think he “blocked” you on snapchat. His account might just be set on allow messages from friends only. He just un-added you.

You can still see his story but just not be able to message him, for example.

Hope this helped.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by CaptainDuckie
He probably just removed you because of the lack of interaction.

If you messaged him, yes you will look desperate. So if that’s your concerns then don’t. ALSO I don’t think he “blocked” you on snapchat. His account might just be set on allow messages from friends only. He just un-added you.

You can still see his story but just not be able to message him, for example.

Hope this helped.

damn : /
i'm so sick of everything i wish i was ****ing dead 🙄
Original post by Ciel.
damn : /
i'm so sick of everything i wish i was ****ing dead 🙄

What’s wrong? Because he un added you?
Original post by Ciel.

He wanted sexual content and you didn't
It was never going to be compatible and he wasn't compared to compromise
It was probably for the best op
Move on
Its

Over
Reply 13
What’s wrong? Because he un added you?

my whole life feels like i mistake. i always screw up

Original post by WazzWazz98
He wanted sexual content and you didn't
It was never going to be compatible and he wasn't compared to compromise
It was probably for the best op
Move on

that's not correct. i just needed a break from it
Reply 14
Original post by Little pecker
Its

Over

well i don't want it to be
Original post by Ciel.
i always screw up

Don’t cry, it’ll be alright. People move on, some people stay.

It’s life
Original post by Ciel.
my whole life feels like i mistake. i always screw up

that's not correct. i just needed a break from it

If they can't respect or understand that then they are self centred and not interested
Reply 17
Don’t cry, it’ll be alright. People move on, some people stay.

It’s life

i hate life, lol. so pointless
Original post by WazzWazz98
If they can't respect or understand that then they are self centred and not interested

i just can't accept his decision, it seems so random
Original post by Ciel.
i just can't accept his decision, it seems so random

You’ll get over it. I bet in like 7 days youll forget all about it
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
You’ll get over it. I bet in like 7 days youll forget all about it

no, i won't
i feel like deleting my social media tbh

Quick Reply

Latest